• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Universal PostScript Windows Driver Installer 1.0.6 - download link not existent

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2020 Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

for an older computer and software I need to install the 

Adobe Universal PostScript Windows Driver Installer 1.0.6 - German

But the link does not exist anymore, though its from the official website. Is there any way to download it?

I searched for it elsewhere, but i cannot find it and I would like to download from the official site.

Thanks

TOPICS
Download and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

No, there is no link to download that driver installer from. Originally designed for Windows 2000 and Windows'9x, for Windows 2000, the primary function of that driver installer was to connect an arbitrary PPD file with the existing Windows PSCRIPT5.DLL driver to create a PostScript printer driver instance reflecting the printer characteristics of the PostScript printer descripted in the PPD file.

That installer was actually a 16-bit executable that could not run at all on 64-bit versions of W

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, there is no link to download that driver installer from. Originally designed for Windows 2000 and Windows'9x, for Windows 2000, the primary function of that driver installer was to connect an arbitrary PPD file with the existing Windows PSCRIPT5.DLL driver to create a PostScript printer driver instance reflecting the printer characteristics of the PostScript printer descripted in the PPD file.

That installer was actually a 16-bit executable that could not run at all on 64-bit versions of Windows. Plus, the driver architecture of Windows Vista changed significantly enough that the last version of Windows for which this driver installer worked was actually Windows XP 32-bit. (It didn't run on Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8.x, or Windows 10!)

Since Microsoft discontinued any and all support for Windows XP and that our PostScript OEM partners do distribute their own driver installers (typically available from their support websites). Adobe discontinued any and all development of that old driver installer many years ago and in more recent times during “housecleaning” of the Adobe download areas of our website, discontinued availability of this similar obsolete software.

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines