• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash - Application Initialization Error

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2015 Apr 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I  an having trouble re-installing flash player.  I keep getting the above error message.  What do I need to do?

Windows 8.1, Firefox

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 12, 2015 Apr 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tiggerik,

Can you please post a screenshot (How to post a screenshot in the forum) of the installer dialog window with the error?

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2015 Apr 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well flash is,working great in IE; just not in Firefox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 13, 2015 Apr 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tiggerik,

Flash Player for IE and Flash Player for Firefox are not the same and are not compatible with each other.  The one for IE will not work in Firefox and the one for Firefox will not work in IE.  Please either post a screenshot of the error or try using the offline installer Piyush links to.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2015 Jun 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the EXACT same problem.

Have done uninstall, deleted all temp, etc. still no solution.

=============

*** When you get the correct answer that WORKS... please forward to me at RiverRat306@gmail.com   or BudgetVideo4BIZ@gmail.com.

Thanx in advance for your assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi budgetvideo4biz,

Working on the current Issue. I will have to ask you to go through the pain of clean up, uninstall and install again. But Please follow the steps below:

1. Uninstall Flash Player using uninstaller for windows - Uninstall Flash Player | Windows

2. Goto C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash, C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash and remove all files including - FlashInstall.log, mms.cfg (are the only two files left after uninstall) [MAKE sure user is logged in as Admin or have admin rights on the above folders]

3. Reinstall Flash Player for IE from Webpage - Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows

4. Now after install is complete please goto - C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash, C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash and upload FlashInstall.log file. Please refer How to share a document 

5. Also( How to post a screenshot in the forum ), Launch your FF and take a screenshot of your FF version Take a screen capture (print your screen) - Windo...

how to view IE Version - open Find what version of Firefox you are using | Firefox Help - from your FF

6. Also, launch Flash Player Help page using FF and click on check now and take a screen shot.

7. Also take a screenshot of your error screen

--

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 13, 2015 Apr 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tiggerik,,

Can you try Installing Flash Player from Location  - Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows - Please Install the  Flash Player for Firefox - NPAPI

Flash Player for Firefox is installed using NPAPI Installer. The one in IE won't work on Firefox, as it requires a different Binary.

--

Piyush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.

Have done uninstall, deleted all temp, etc. still no solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2015 Jul 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seem to be getting the same error.  I followed the steps listed above for uninstalling flash, and then tried to reinstall, but the same error is happening when I try to run the installer.

Flash install check viewed from IE:

2015-07-01_12-14-01.png

Flash install check viewed from Firefox:

2015-07-01_12-14-54.png

A view of the two install Flash directories showing that all files have been deleted:

2015-07-01_12-29-24.png

The error that occurs when trying to run the installer:

2015-07-01_12-26-16.png

Note that no log files appear to be created in the folders shown above, so there are none that I can provide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2015 Jul 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same issue with Firefox and found that it seems to be a proxy issue on my corporate network. I switched over to our Guest network which has less restrictions and the download was successful. Not sure if you have that ability if its a laptop where you can run the update on a Guest network or at home? Otherwise I would have Network Security look at their firewall logs and see if its trying to go direct instead of through the proxy or if they need to tweak their proxy script.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2015 Jul 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ditto solution.

I had same issue with Flash and Player

Flash issue was overcome with full app download and install,

Something's changed with the installer - switching to guest network enabled the install of Player.

(nowt specifically to do with browsers)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 03, 2015 Jul 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this:

uninstaller file here: http://download.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/support/uninstall_flash_player.exe

make sure you close all tasks that are dependent on Flash plugin. Open a cmd windows and type the following one at a time or copy paste:

taskkill.exe /im plugin-container.exe /f

taskkill.exe /im firefox.exe /f

taskkill.exe /im iexplore.exe /f

taskkill.exe /im flash* /f

taskkill.exe /im battle* /f

Try installing from below link

http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/latest/help/install_flash_player.exe

--

Piyush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 03, 2015 Jul 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this Does not resolve the Problem, then please try downloading Chrome as Flash Player is embedded in the chrome browser.

If Flash Player doesn't work there as well, then it's probably your antivirus which blocking flash installation your machine.

Thanks

Piyush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 08, 2016 Jun 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time after new Flash update, i need download and update flash player ir Firefox. Every time I get Aapplication initilization error.

Only one solution is download alternative FlashPlayer installation file:

http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/latest/help/install_flash_player.exe

If I download here, I get app initilization error Adobe Flash Player Install for all versions

Windows 8.1 x64

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 08, 2016 Jun 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ciubb

Is your system configured to use a proxy server?  To check, do the following:

1. Open Internet Explorer
  2. Click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.
  3. Click the Connections tab, and then click LAN settings.
  4. In the Proxy Server section, is the 'Use a proxy server...' check-box selected?

Internet Options is also accessible via the Control Panel.  Launch the Control Panel and navigate to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items > select Internet Options

I'd like to get the verbose log files for the online installer from you. Please do the following:

1. Create an empty text file named ADM.trace inside your %temp% directory (C:\Users\<YourUserID>\AppData\Local\Temp\)
    • To create the empty text file, navigate to the %temp% directory, right-click in an empty area and select New > Text Document
    • Rename the new file to ADM.trace. The file extension itself is .trace, not .txt or anything else.
  2. Run the online installer.  When the initialization error displays, click Finish to close the window.
  3. Upload the Adobe_ADM.log and Adobe_GDE.log files saved at C:\Users\<YourUserID>\AppData\Local\Temp\Adobe_ADMLogs to cloud.acrobat.com/send using the instructions How to share a document .
  4. Post the link to the uploaded log files in your reply

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 09, 2016 Jun 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I Dont use proxy. This are different instalation files. One good, one bad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are no attachments.  If you're replying via email, the forums software doesn't accept attachments.  You can share the files using the instructions at How to share a document

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good file for instalation http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/latest/help/install_flash_player.exe

Bad file for instalation: Adobe Flash Player Install for all versions

Windows 8.1, x64, Firefox 43.0.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@CIUBB

We are unable to reproduce this error.  Without the log files we can't troubleshoot why this is happening and fix it.  Please provide the previously requested log files so that we can investigate.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2016 Jul 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is my uplaoded files,

ADM_log

These are your requested log files, I had the same problem.Hoping for a quick response, thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2016 Oct 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank u for giving the installing link...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2017 Jun 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

piyush2508​ Thank you. The link you provided was a good workaround for this same issue I had on my machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 08, 2015 Jul 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi trufan49  and nikdb_

How is your proxy server configured?  Are you using a proxy.pac file?  If so, there was a release today to the online installer that should fix the issue.  Can you please try using the online installer (get.adobe.com/flashplayer) and let me know if it's working for you now?

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2015 Jul 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

brentd85159295

I also installed the latest version today without issue, seems the latest version has resolved the updates issues. This was done on both Firefox and IE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2015 Jul 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the newest installer and it worked.  This version seems to have fixed whatever was causing the prior issue I was seeing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines