• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

i am getting error code 1002 when creative cloud tries to update. I am using my desktop windows 8.

New Here ,
Nov 26, 2015 Nov 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to google an answer but i could not find anything. I need the programs for my graphical design studies. I paid for the creative cloud but sofar the program is one error after the other. Can someone help me with error 1002? It tries to install an update but after i press install now i get te error.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 27, 2015 Nov 27, 2015

Had the same problem moments ago.

Found an answer here:

When i open creative cloud it said that i failed to update the the creative cloud in desktop. and the error number is 1002. What can i do?

I uninstalled and reinstalled Creative Cloud using those instructions and it works again.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 26, 2015 Nov 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

attach a screenshot of that error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2015 Nov 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm getting the same error message

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 27, 2015 Nov 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same problem moments ago.

Found an answer here:

When i open creative cloud it said that i failed to update the the creative cloud in desktop. and th...

I uninstalled and reinstalled Creative Cloud using those instructions and it works again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2015 Dec 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ctrl + shift + esc
end every thing relative to creative cloud, close it, and then just restart it
works for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2016 May 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too was getting this message.  Like others, at 2% the update would fail and I'd get the window with Error code 1002.  I simply restarted the machine, then re-initiated the update and everything was smooth.  I did notice that the initial attempt at updating (before restarting) didn't invoke the UAC window.  But after restarted and initiating the CC update again, the UAC window popped up.  All is well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2016 Apr 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Killing all adobe (and creative cloud) processes, and then running Creative Cloud as Admin allowed the update to go through.

You shouldn't have to do a full adobe cleaning tool process every time there's an error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2016 Jul 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As with a lot of things, I just disabled my antivirus and the update installed correctly...

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2016 Sep 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm getting the same error code 1002 when trying to update the creative cloud desktop app on my mac (10.10.5) 

• quit every thing related with Creative Cloud - restarted

• disabled antivirus software

• used Adobe Creative Cloud cleaner tool

• uninstalled Creative Cloud and tried to reinstall

Currently, I just used the Adobe Creative tool uninstaller. Downloaded the latest version of the Creative cloud desktop app. I go to run the install and the install bar goes about 1/3 of the way and just stops and the window goes away. As far as I can tell nothing installed. I really don't want to re-install everything again. (all the apps etc)

All I really want to do is update my Creative Suite apps but it seems the only way I can get to that is through the Creative Cloud desktop app. I can't figure out what I'm missing here....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines