• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro DC-How to set a default scale ratio?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a pdf and need to do measurements with a ratio of 1/4"=1'. Every time I change the ratio, do a measurement, then do something else the measurement is reset to 1"=1".

Is there a way to change the scale ratio to a different default setting?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

The default scale ratio is set by the application that created the PDF, and - as far as I know - you cannot change it with just Acrobat. A plug-in, or a standalone application that can modify the content of the PDF file could do that. I am not aware of any existing solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The default scale ratio is set by the application that created the PDF, and - as far as I know - you cannot change it with just Acrobat. A plug-in, or a standalone application that can modify the content of the PDF file could do that. I am not aware of any existing solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for taking the time to reply!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you set the beginning and ending measurement points, right click.  Change ratio.  Insert the dimension acrobat says on left.  Insert actual dimension on right.  Wala.  (Do not double click on the last end of measurement before you right click.  click once then right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Wala"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2021 Oct 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL I think he means "Voilà"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

0.jpg1.png2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Method 1

Open Programme Adobe Acrobat

>Tool Bar

> Edit

> Preferences (at bottom)

> Units and Guides (at bottom - 2nd last)

Adjust the units as default

and adjust few more things

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Method 2
When Measurement Tool is open. In the Plan, Right Click and a list will appear. In this list on 8th Number is the preference. Click Preference and a Dialogue Box will appear. On Left there will be a list. In this list, there will be "Units and Guides" near bottom of list. Click it and a Dialogue Box will appear. Here you can Adjust it as Default.
[cid:image007.png@01D5A95F.203773F0][cid:image008.png@01D5A95F.203773F0][cid:image009.jpg@01D5A95F.203773F0]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thats too bad. We used to be able to save ratio based on individual set's of plans in Adobe Pro Version 11.  But like so many other features that were so useful in 11, DC just lost it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines