• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Standard/Pro 2017 vs Adobe Acrobat Standard/Pro DC

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been searching through Adobe's site and I've gotten in contact with several Adobe representatives via chat.

I'm trying to find a comparison or any literature that lists out the differences between these - it's a bit difficult to try and find this information.

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know of a detailed features list. This is the best one I found (it seems to be an Adobe document, but it's hosted on a third-party website, for some reason): http://www.greymatter.com/corporate/wp-content/uploads/misc/Adobe-Acrobat-2017-Product-Comparison-ue...

There's also some good information here (look under "Functionality"): Answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about Acrobat 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the links! I'll start to take a look there.

Also, not sure if you can help or maybe an adobe rep....

Where can I find the VPAT for Adobe Acrobat Pro/Standard 2017? Only one I'm able to locate here: Adobe accessibility compliance overview  is for DC but nothing for Standard/Pro 2017.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I can't help you with that... Maybe someone from Adobe will chime in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 11, 2018 Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not surprised this went unanswered. It's become pretty obvious that they don't want to push the sale of Acrobat 2017 (reader, standard, OR pro). DC is a such a ****ing money grab it makes me sick.  I've been googling all day trying to figure out which of the THREE DIFFERENT VERSIONS in the two UPDATE TRACKS which yield NINE DIFFERENT DOWNLOADS support OCR. I've got it pretty much figured out but there's nothing out there that clearly states this for Acrobat 2017. The fact that you have to find a third-party breakdown is humiliating for adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2019 Feb 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jbc1113  wrote:

I'm trying to find a comparison or any literature that lists the differences between these – it's a bit difficult to find this information.

Hi JBC, this new version comparison guide may also be helpful:

What's the Difference Between Adobe Acrobat 2017 vs. Acrobat DC 2019?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2019 Apr 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are the "Top Features" in Adobe Acrobat 2017 STD

• Create protected PDFs—Prevent others from copying or editing sensitive information.
  • Edit PDF text and images—Fix a typo or swap an image in a PDF—right within Acrobat.
  • Export PDFs to Office—Convert PDFs to Word, Excel, or PowerPoint formats and keep the formatting.
  • Work with Dropbox, Box, and OneDrive—Access, edit, and store files in your Dropbox, Box, or Microsoft OneDrive account.
  • Sign anything—Fill, sign, and send forms fast with smart autofill.

New Features:

• Get your work done faster with new tabbed viewing. Open multiple PDFs in a single window.
  • Do more with PDF editing. Create brand-new numbered or bulleted lists while working in the Edit PDF tool.
  • Use the enhanced Tools search to quickly find the tool you need to complete a given task.
  • With the new scan-to-PDF workflow, it’s easy to choose the best scanning options and get the best results.
  • Digitally sign, certify, and verify documents more easily with the updated Certificates tool.
  • Change the look of Acrobat to reflect your taste. Choose the default light theme or new dark theme.

Adobe Store - Adobe Acrobat Standard 2017

Adobe Acrobat PRO 2017 has all of the above features PLUS

• Edit scanned documents—Instantly edit paper scans—as naturally as any other file.
  • Delete sensitive information—Find and get rid of text, images, or even metadata—permanently

New Features include everything listed for STD PLUS

• Quickly and accurately detect differences between two PDF files with the all-new Compare Files tool.

Adobe Store - Adobe Acrobat Pro 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2019 Apr 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you had any luck with the reinstall of the software you purchased?

I bought Pro 8.0 and cannot complete a clean install. There is absolutely no difference in the Pro version you mention and DC, except that Adobe is trying to scam a subscription base from previous owners.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 07, 2019 Apr 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

elitespooner  wrote

... There is absolutely no difference in the Pro version you mention and DC ...

As explained by the different answers given in the replies above, that's simply not true.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines