• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot use "Export" or "Save As" in Acrobat Pro DC

New Here ,
Jan 18, 2019 Jan 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been getting very frustrated with Acrobat. It has become very frustrating to use.

I cannot use "save as" or "export" any longer. When I try to use either of those Acrobat simply hangs.

No error message, no indication that it is doing anything but "not responding".

I can edit pdf's but the only way I have been able to save them is to rename the original pdf to a new name, open it, make the edits and "save" the file.

This is the only way I can edit anything.

I wanted to export a pdf as a jpeg but that does not work since the "export" function does the same thing as the "save as" function .... that is to say NOTHING!

I have tried uninstalling, rebooting, reinstalling, repairing etc. and nothing has helped.

I have a pc, intel core i7-2600K processor, 32 Gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 graphics card with 6 Gb RAM, Windows 10 Pro x64 with latest updates.

I have checked various forums and still no solution to be found.

Any suggestions?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this: Go to Edit (or the application menu if you're on a Mac) - Preferences - General and disable "Show online storage when saving files" and "Show online storage when opening files".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done that. It does not make a difference.

I have had a similar issue using "save as" in Microsoft Word 2007 where I usually have to close Word, re-open it then I seem to be able to use "save as" after that. This does not work with Acrobat though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 19, 2019 Jan 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds as if there is a serious underlying problem in Windows if these two different apps both have a very unusual problem. Have you tried saving from a larger sample of apps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are the only 2 apps that I have seen this problem in so far.

With Acrobat I also can no longer use the "File-Open" menu command without having Acrobat hang.

I can open a file by double-clicking on it in Explorer, which will open Acrobat and open the file.

I can also open files in the "previously" used list on the Acrobat main screen if I just open the program.

I am not a tech guru but my gut tells me that, for some reason, opening an explorer window in order to select a file to open or to choose a place to save/export the file to is the issue.

I have run registry cleaners to check if there are registry errors. I have uninstalled and re-installed Acrobat.

I have not run Adobe's "Cleaner" because I think I would have to "clean" all of the Adobe applications that I have installed, which is a lot of them, in order to "clean" Acrobat.

Needless to say this has been very frustrating and it has only cropped up in the last 2 or 3 months.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, Excel 2007 does not seem to have the problem, just Word 2007. That is odd.

As I had said, sometimes if I close the "not responding" Word application then re-open it, the save-as works fine. Not so with Acrobat though.

Also I don't have this issue with other Adobe apps like Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have done more testing and, when Acrobat or Word hang I am seeing many DistributedCOM errors (event ID 10016) in the System log in Event Viewer. The description under one of these when Word hung up was ...

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID

{2593F8B9-4EAF-457C-B68A-50F6B8EA6B54}

and APPID

{15C20B67-12E7-4BB6-92BB-7AFF07997402}

to the user Alkar-PC\Alan SID (S-1-5-21-368128973-2402746432-3842497392-1002) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

This error occured 12 times consecutively (more if I wait longer before closing Word.

I opened Acrobat, opened a recent file then selected 'File - Save As' and Acrobat hung up, as it always does now. I closed it and went to Event Viewer which showed the following error information ...

Level: Error      Source;  Application Hang     Event ID;  1002

The program Acrobat.exe version 19.10.20069.49826 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.

Process ID: 4c0c

Start Time: 01d4b2905da3df69

Termination Time: 22

Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat\Acrobat.exe

Report Id: bee658ee-5023-479d-a042-57cc22119b62

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Hang type: Unknown

I looked in the 'Security and Maintenance control panel' but the error did not show up there.

It looks like Windows is having some permissions issues that only affect some apps and Acrobat seems to be one of the ones most affected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines