• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Spezielle Community für Japanischsprachige
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Spezielle Community für Koreanischsprachige
Beenden

How to import ready OCR text (XML or TXT) in a PDF?

Neu hier ,
Oct 27, 2019 Oct 27, 2019

Link in Zwischenablage kopieren

Kopiert

Suggested my issue on uservoice:

Following scenario: I have an image-only PDF file (a scanned book) with 500 pages and 500 Alto-XML files with OCR-Text for each corresponding page of that PDF File. That OCR-XML files were exported from the original searchable OCR-PDF-file. I don't have that source OCR-PDF file, it comes from a German library (StaBi Berlin). Unfortunately, they don't offer to download the OCR-PDF file directly. You can just download an image-only PDF file of a book and the corresponding OCR-XML-files from separately. Or all OCR-Text in one txt-file. (If you don't believe me, see for yourself: See here
You can change the language to english on the bottom right corner)

So now I am looking for a way to import those 500 XML-Files back to each corresponding page of that image-only PDF so that I get a searchable OCR-PDF file in the end. Is there a way to do it with Acrobat DC (or, if not, maybe with assistant tools?)

Best regards,
Minsutoreru

Zugriffe

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
Seien Sie freundlich und respektvoll, geben Sie die ursprüngliche Quelle der Inhalte an und suchen Sie vor dem Absenden Ihres Beitrags nach Duplikaten. Weitere Informationen
community guidelines
LEGENDE ,

Kopiert

Acrobat has no tools to do this.  It does have its own OCR, best for low volume use. 

Stimmen

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
Seien Sie freundlich und respektvoll, geben Sie die ursprüngliche Quelle der Inhalte an und suchen Sie vor dem Absenden Ihres Beitrags nach Duplikaten. Weitere Informationen
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Kopiert

Hi Minsutoreru,

While Adobe Acrobat does not support this, you can put in a feature request here:

https://acrobat.uservoice.com

Post your link back in this thread so others might see it and vote on it.

~ Jane

Stimmen

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
community guidelines
Neu hier ,
Oct 29, 2019 Oct 29, 2019

Kopiert

AKTUELL

Stimmen

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
community guidelines