• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Animate CC Cannot Import Certain MP3 Files

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2017 Aug 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am just getting the ropes of Animate, and one of the problems I've had with it is a very finicky audio import system. All of the time, it will accept .WAV files. However, if I include a piece of .MP3 audio from Audacity, it opens a dialogue box stating that it couldn't import the audio. I've tried changing bit rates, checked the properties of the audio files, changed audio channels, and rates of the audio (Fast, medium, etc.). I never got consistent results. And yet, when I record a 1-second piece of audio of me saying a single word, "Hi"(Under the same parameters), it imports! I don't understand what is my mistake,if it is my own fault at all, and i can't even seem to find anyone with the same problem as me, either on these forums or even the internet.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 07, 2017 Aug 07, 2017

You didn't mention if this is AS3 or Canvas. In general MP3 is better for Canvas, and WAV is better for AS3. In either case, don't import 24 or 32 bit audio, just use 16 bit. Also 44.1 kHz is better, to avoid some other sync issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So save it as a WAV file and import it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You didn't mention if this is AS3 or Canvas. In general MP3 is better for Canvas, and WAV is better for AS3. In either case, don't import 24 or 32 bit audio, just use 16 bit. Also 44.1 kHz is better, to avoid some other sync issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried using my audio at 160 kb with 44.1 kHz, and it totally worked! This problem was bugging me for weeks. Thanks Man!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines