• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audition CC 2017 & 2018 crash on startup with 0xC0000005 in ntdll.dll

New Here ,
Apr 07, 2018 Apr 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In scanning this forum I saw a similar crash at the same offset in ntdll.dll with the same 0xC0000005  error.  I'm running windows 7, sp 1 on a 64bit machine with  8 gb of ram. Has anyone found a solution to this problem? I do find it interesting that two versions of Audition CC (2017 & 2018) and After Effects CC 2018 all have this problem.

I have Audition CS5.5 running on the same PC without this error.  I need to move up to a more recent version so I can get WASAPI support. I got a subscription to CC

2018 and on startup it gives the exception.

Faulting Application Path:    C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Audition CC 2018\Adobe Audition CC.exe

Problem signature

Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH

Application Name:    Adobe Audition CC.exe

Application Version:    11.1.0.184

Application Timestamp:    5ab3a76a

Fault Module Name:    ntdll.dll

Fault Module Version:    6.1.7601.24059

Fault Module Timestamp:    5aa1fa91

Exception Code:    c0000005

Exception Offset:    00000000000278cd

OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48

Locale ID:    1033

Additional Information 1:    f9eb

Additional Information 2:    f9eb5dd0fefdfc4150cbcf5107749750

Additional Information 3:    c5bc

Additional Information 4:    c5bcd8bfc0972a5652776dd96fa22363

In trying to troubleshoot I got CC 2017 and get the same error

Faulting Application Path:    C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Audition CC 2017\Adobe Audition CC.exe

Problem signature

Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH

Application Name:    Adobe Audition CC.exe

Application Version:    10.1.1.11

Application Timestamp:    59137653

Fault Module Name:    ntdll.dll

Fault Module Version:    6.1.7601.24059

Fault Module Timestamp:    5aa1fa91

Exception Code:    c0000005

Exception Offset:    00000000000278cd

OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48

Locale ID:    1033

Additional Information 1:    f9eb

Additional Information 2:    f9eb5dd0fefdfc4150cbcf5107749750

Additional Information 3:    c5bc

Additional Information 4:    c5bcd8bfc0972a5652776dd96fa22363

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 07, 2018 Apr 07, 2018

To get to the bottom of this, you really need to do what it says here: Audition Crashed. Now what? and submit the results to audbugs@adobe.com from where you will get a direct response.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To get to the bottom of this, you really need to do what it says here: Audition Crashed. Now what? and submit the results to audbugs@adobe.com from where you will get a direct response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already did that earlier today. In creating this post I was just casting my net wider to see if anyone had found a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 08, 2018 Apr 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid that experience has shown that it's very rare that we can diagnose anything but the blindingly obvious from crash reports. Most faults of this nature have everything to do with the loading sequence and things related to it, and that is effectively a hidden process; we don't know exactly what it loads from where, and what the consequences may be, and without that information any form of diagnosis is pretty unlikely - hence the request that the reports are posted directly to audbugs, and not here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 22, 2018 Jun 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That process only works if you can get it to open in the first place.  I cannot.  I start adobe, get just past the splash screen, get a garbled screen for the main window, and then it freezes or outright crashes.  There's no way to get to the log menus or anything else, as this happens just after an update to the software.  Version CC 11.1.1 is severely bugged on my system, but it's predecessor works.  When I try to reveal the logs from the earlier product, the other ones from the crashed version are gone.  This really doesn't help much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2018 Jun 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

HarleyTDavis  wrote

That process only works if you can get it to open in the first place. 

That's not actually the case. A log file is created even when you completely fail to open the app; each attempt to open creates one. What's unfortunately missing now from the FAQ is the path to it, which you have to use to locate it when the app fails to open. For Windows, this path for the current version is C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Audition\11.0\logs and there may well be more than one log file there if it's failed to open. Generally it's the newest one that's appropriate to send to audbugs@adobe.com

If somebody would like to tell me what the appropriate path is for Macs, I'll add both to the end of the FAQ with a note as to why you might need them. The other thing to note is that the latest Windows update appears to have re-hidden the path at the 'appdata' point. You may have to reset your file preferences to unhide the location from there onwards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines