• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Documents not opening (AI)

Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unable to open Illustrator documents through Bridge. All other files open without problems.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

I´m afraid i no longer have the damaged file - i replaced it with a new version (it was a 3rd party logo). And yes i did rebuilt Bridge´s preferences. Since then i haven´t experienced any other issues with vector/ai/eps files. On a final note i remember i had exactly the same problem last year when updating from CC 2018 to 2019. If it is connected with the default association with AISniffer i don´t know, but might be something here. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alvar,

Not sure what the problem might be but it would help if you supplied what version of Bridge and Illustrator you are working with as well as what OS you have (and also what release).

I can say that I'm not having any issues doing this so it's likely that there is something with your system that is causing this. One quick thing to check is your file-type associations. Go into your Preferences and see what Bridge is "pointing" at for AI files. If it looks like it's supposed to be doing the correct thing, the next thing I'd try is to rebuild your Bridge's Preferences. [Start Adobe Bridge and immediately press Ctrl+Alt+Shift (Windows) or Command+Option+Shift (Mac OS) until the Reset Settings dialog box appears. You "should" get a window pop up that asks if you want to rebuild the Prefs. If not try again, sometimes the timing can be a bit tricky.]

2019-11-07_09-23-57.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Gary, actually i'm using the latest version of Bridge (10.0.0.124) and Mac OS Mojave. Changing Type File Associations iniatially helped with .ai files, though, somehow the file i was trying to open became damaged

(see images enclosed). I had to change Type File Associations with .eps files as well, since by default either files (ai, eps) are linked with something called AISniffer 24.0.0.

image_1.pngimage_2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well first off I do hope you sent off your file. I've no idea what caused it to be broken but I do think that this was more coincidental rather than causational.

Because fixing the file associations did work, albeit for a short while, it does lead me to more strongly suspect your Bridge's preferences need rebuilding. Instructions are above in my previous note. Did you try to do that?

Let us know

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I´m afraid i no longer have the damaged file - i replaced it with a new version (it was a 3rd party logo). And yes i did rebuilt Bridge´s preferences. Since then i haven´t experienced any other issues with vector/ai/eps files. On a final note i remember i had exactly the same problem last year when updating from CC 2018 to 2019. If it is connected with the default association with AISniffer i don´t know, but might be something here. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines