• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Star rating stopped working

Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2019 Feb 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hoping for help - my star ratings stopped working today midway through culling.  I'm in CC2019 on a Mac.  I shut down my computer; didn't fix the problem.  I uninstalled/reinstalled Bridge and cleared my cache and am still not able to apply, remove or change star ratings.  Would be grateful for any help.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting preferences (which I believe are not removed with an uninstall/reinstall).

Are you rating raw images, or TIF/JPEG?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went into preferences and hit "reset" and nothing changed.  I'm rating RAW and jpeg files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2019 Feb 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe that button only resets warning dialogs… You need to follow point #2 as in the link below:

Troubleshoot Adobe Bridge for freezes and performance issues

This is often the fix for Bridge misbehaving, but it is not a cure-all so there are no guarantees, good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2019 Feb 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm really frustrated.  The instructions in the link don't work - the command/option/shift at opening does nothing, and the path to manually reset doesn't exist in Bridge 2019.  I went back and reinstalled 2018 and 2017 - am having the same problem in all versions and clearing caches doesn't change anything.  I called Adobe and was on hold for 15 minutes and gave up.  I wish I knew what to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to be fast in holding down the keys after starting Bridge:

reset.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - got it to work this time, but the issue persists.  I'm not able to label anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now Photoshop can't find any of my files.  Back on hold with Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel your pain... I may have a scripted solution for you as a workaround!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download the .zip archive from this link:

Dropbox - Adobe Bridge Apply Label & Apply Rating Scripts.zip

Decompress the archive and you will have the following eleven files:

Apply To Do Purple Label.jsx

Apply Review Cyan Label.jsx

Apply Select Red Label.jsx

Apply Second Yellow Label.jsx

Apply Approved Green Label.jsx

Apply 0 Star Rating.jsx

Apply 1 Star Rating.jsx

Apply 2 Star Rating.jsx

Apply 3 Star Rating.jsx

Apply 4 Star Rating.jsx

Apply 5 Star Rating.jsx

Prepression: Downloading and Installing Adobe Scripts

1. Open Adobe Bridge, then open Bridge’s preferences dialog
  2. Under Startup Scripts, click the "Reveal My Startup Scripts" button
  3. Copy/Paste or drag-n-drop your .jsx script files into the Startup Scripts folder/directory
  4. Quit and restart Bridge and answer "Yes" to enable the script.

apply-scripts.png

Tested on Mac and Windows in Bridge CS 6, CC 2018 & CC 2019.

Hope this helps!

EDIT: I have just updated the archive with a twelfth “Apply No Label.jsx” file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!!  I'm going to save this hoping I won't need it next time LOL - apparently the fix is to spend an hour on hold with Adobe to have the problems disappear as soon as you start screensharing.  Sigh...at least I'm working again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is how tech support works, if you had not had the remote session, nothing would have magically fixed itself!

During my testing I was finding that some of my test files (a png for what it was worth) would no longer accept label or rating metadata changes, there was no message – it just would not write... I had to re-save from Photoshop in order to “fix” the file and then it would accept the metadata.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 28, 2019 Feb 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a label bar script that I'll be releasing soon, it is a visual way to apply ratings and labels.2019-02-06_1418.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sent you a message. I took a look and there are some things you probably want to change with these scripts, mainly to avoid throwing errors (and to use the current labels if they have been changed.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sent you a message. I took a look and there are some things you probably want to change with these scripts, mainly to avoid throwing errors (and to use the current labels if they have been changed.)

Thanks Lumigraphics, as a newb to scripting I was happy to string together parts of different code to get a workable result. I’m hoping with time that I’ll be able to up my scripting game! I’m certainly looking forward to trying out your scripts, there is a huge community of folk extending Photoshop but not many working with Bridge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may be related to the version of ACR that is installed:

Bridge 9.0.2: Suddenly won't allow star rating | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 01, 2019 Mar 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 17, 2019 Mar 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Star ratings are not working right for me either. If I add a star rating, I can no longer take it away if I change my mind later. Where is the no star option? Must have that back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2019 Mar 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to click/hold and drag the stars back to the left so that they are no longer highlighted, or click on the stars and then hover the mouse back to the left until they are no longer highlighted. There is contrast feedback as the stars go white/gray/black.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 24, 2019 Mar 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran into the same problem. it helped me - downgrade ACR to 10.5 https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-in-installer.html#macOS_10.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 07, 2019 Apr 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for reporting your issue.

This issue has been fixed with latest update of Camera Raw CC (11.2.1). Please update to the latest version via Adobe Creative Cloud and let us know if the issue persists.

Regards,

Varun Varshney

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My star rating has stopped working as well. I rated my photos in stars, and then when I click on the filter to display on the photos that I've starred, only a small subset of them show up, and when I unclick the star, some random selection shows up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having had similar problem after Star rating hundreds of Photos. Then discovering that random folder did not show the rating in the Filter Panel.After a lot of messing about I have stumbled accros a solution for my circumstatance. Go back into you photo file and select a picture and re-star using the Label option in the menu bar. (Do not use the Mac OS cmd+number to Rate) Then select another picture and do the same but with a differant number rate.This then seems to correct the proble as all my rating suddenly appear in filter pane. I also found that the colour label had same issue so I am now repeating the process to correct.

So it seems my solution is to Not use the cmd key 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure how much this might help folks as there are so many issues and subjects in this thread but for those who've not been aware of it, there is an option in the Prefs to omit the need of the Command/Contrl key when assigning ratings and labels (besides right-clicking).

2019-11-07_09-11-48.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,  Firstly a bit of praise!  This is a brilliant piece of kit for the Covid task I've set myself to sort out 20 years' worth of digital photos.  I've been working hard all day and congratulating myself for having eventually arrived at a method and doing 2001.  When I came to check the finished (i.e. for publishing the best of the best) folder for Ratings though, that filter wasn't available.  I spent a little while trawling through the published (potential) solutions but with no success.  However, I noticed that the ratings were still available for some of the folders, and that was the key. It would seem that if all of the photos in a particular folder have identical same star ratings, then Ratings doesn't appear as a filter.  If you change one picture's star, then back up pops the filter.  Perhaps this might help someone, sometime.... Thanks and good health.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines