ACR 10.1 does not open smart object when pressing SHIFT and click OPEN

Although the help is still there, when hovering over the OPEN button with the mouse, the button does not switch to OPEN OBJECT when pressing the SHIFT key.

MAC OSx High Sierra - MACBook Pro 2017

Regards,

Michael

View all replies

Views

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn More

ACR 10.1 does not open smart object when pressing SHIFT and click OPEN

Although the help is still there, when hovering over the OPEN button with the mouse, the button does not switch to OPEN OBJECT when pressing the SHIFT key.

MAC OSx High Sierra - MACBook Pro 2017

Regards,

Michael

View all replies

Views

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn More
7 Replies

Re: ACR 10.1 does not open smart object when pressing SHIFT and click OPEN

Adobe Community Professional, Dec 20, 2017

Have you tried resetting ACR's preferences? Go to Bridge and press opt-cmd-shift immediately after clicking to open a file. If you don't see the dialog box asking if you want to reset your preferences, you weren't fast enough pressing the keys.

View all replies

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines

Thanks for the response! 

As hard as I try, I do not see the dialog box. I also found the hint to drag a file in the PS window and before you release (or even before?) press the CMD/OPT/SHIFT combination. But no dialog pops up...

Is there some change in CC2018?  

So far I used a workaround to open all files from ACR as an object.

Any other hints?

Regards,

Michael

View all replies

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines

I right click to bring up the context menu, then click on "Open in Camera Raw." Then press the buttons:

View all replies

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines

This I already tried and did it again. No way - even, when I hold the three buttons already, when clicking on "Open in Camera Raw:" 

Very strange...

First I upgraded to CC2018 and then to High Sierra - I believe since the upgrade to High Sierra the effect started.

View all replies

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines

It won't work if you press the buttons before you click open.

View all replies

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines

Understood - I tried both ways without success.

Now I double checked on my MacBook 12" and there everything works flawlessly (High Sierra, CC2018, ACR10.1).

Pressing Shift in ACR toggles the Open picture/object button.

Pressing the three-key combination right after selecting an RAW/DNG image to open in ACR, the mentioned pop-up appears.

That brings me to the question, if something had changed in the hardware of the MacBook Pro 2017 15"... 

But other Tool-Toggles in ACR work.

Very strange...

View all replies

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines

Adobe Community Professional, Dec 21, 2017

That is strange!

View all replies

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines