• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ACR 10.1 stopped opening my NEF files (Nikon D850)

New Here ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

I've scoured the forums for past tips on how to troubleshoot Ps CC 2018 not opening some of my NEF files. I updated my video card drivers, uninstalled Photoshop and all preferences, restarted my computer, then reinstalled. I have ACR 10.1 installed.

The weird thing is, sometimes it's fine and I can open and edit my NEF files. Even this morning, I was opening them just fine but now I can't get any of them to open. I didn't change any settings that I'm aware of that would have caused the problem (until I started troubleshooting).

Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 20, 2018 Jan 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Started troubleshooting what? Are you saying that you cannot see images that you have worked on previously?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2018 Jan 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the NEF files from my Nikon D850 to my Windows 10 laptop. When I try to open any of them in Photoshop, most of the files won't open. Out of a batch of maybe 100 photos, 1-4 of them will open.

IMG_20180121_171221.jpg

I've gone through the link provided. I've also followed all relevant tips on this thread to try and get Photoshop to read my files and open the photos: camera raw 10.1

None of those remedies did the trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly the same here?  I have reset everything and gone to the real pain of totally uninstalling and re-installing and up dating to LR 6.14 and acr 10/1/

NO CHANGE

I  am beginning to believe the so called experts in these forums are anything but graphics artists that use Adobe and they know little.

Has anyone successfully resolved the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Getting snarky isn't going to get you a lot of help here. If this was a consistent problem with Lightroom we would have had a lot more reports of the same. How were these images downloaded from the camera? Did you happen to use any Nikon software in the download process? For instance, did you use Nikon Transfer in the download process? Are you certain that you have at least Lightroom 6.13 installed?

After all, the so-called "experts" on this forum are nothing more than other users like yourself. If you'd rather take a chance with the "real" experts I can give you a link to the online chat service.

Contact Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 6.14 ACR 10.1 all uninstalled and re-installed at least twice now.  Lightroom used to import directly. No Nikon software involved.  All resets possible reset.  This is an ADOBE issue and just another line in the epic tome which  is Adobe trying to force CC on all (which I also have).  No other program I own (and I have most - DXO. On1 etc etc)  has issues with Nikon Raw why can Adobe not get it right?

Expect more posts on this from others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If this was an ADOBE issue, there would be many many more complaints. There are definitely many more Nikon D850 users than yourself, and there haven't been other reports of this problem. I don't have the model, but I have downloaded sample images from it and have been able to process them without any issue. Blame it on Adobe if you wish, but something else is causing the problem. If you would care to provide a link to a few of your images, perhaps others could try to isolate what the issue might be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines