• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ACR not applying adjustment settings to group of files

Contributor ,
Feb 01, 2019 Feb 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running Adobe Bridge v9.0.2.219 and Camera Raw v11.1.0.112 on a Mac Pro OSX v10.13.6.

When I select a group of RAW photo files in Bridge, and Open them in ACR, and select the entire group of image files, and then make Adjustments to the files (Exposure, Contrast, Highlights, etc.), ACR only applies some of the adjustments to all of the files.  It will almost never apply a Contrast, Clarify or Saturation adjustment to all of the files; only to the first one in the list.  How do I get ACR to apply ALL of the adjustment settings to ALL of the selected files?  Thanks!  Mark W.

[Moved thread from Photoshop forum to Camera Raw forum - Mod]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Feb 07, 2019 Feb 07, 2019

Hi Gary, thanks very much for taking the time to provide your detailed response.  First, I followed all your suggestions including Resetting the ACR Preferences (by-the-way, the suggested technique in the YouTube video does not work; one must hold down the Option & Command keys on a Mac while Rebooting Bridge).  I also re-installed Bridge. I did all these things several times with no improvement. Same problems persisted.  Today I got notice of an update to Adobe Camera Raw v 11.2.0.135, which I

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2019 Feb 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you select all thumbnails then sync settings? Ctrl+A  Alt+S

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response & suggestions.  I have always "Selected All" but was not aware of the "Sync Settings" option.  In fact, I could not find "Sync Settings" in any of the pull down menus, but it does appear when I use Alt-S.  When I checked it, all of the Settings were checked except the last three (Crop, Spot Rem., Local Adj.).  I just did some tests and now find that, if, for example, I select 20 RAW files, open them in ACR, select all, sync settings, then apply a change - like, Exposure or Contrast, it sometimes applies the change to only the first file, sometimes to a mix (but not all) of the files.  Still stumped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know of no way of removing that option in ACR Filmstrip Menu. Do you have the filmstrip open or closed in ACR?

When you use the shortcut doe you get the sync option dialog?

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you select everything?

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 03, 2019 Feb 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes to both questions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 03, 2019 Feb 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mark and JJ,

Just saw this running dialog and let me input that everything that JJ has been showing and saying in regards to that dropdown menu on the ACR's filmstrip has been working for me ever since ACR was released.

I'm currently on High Sierra with the latest Bridge and ACR and it just works. The key command for Sync Settings is Option-s so I can either select the option in the flyout menu (mentioned above) or press the key command (Option-s)

In my testing, there was no way I could bring up the Flyout menu and not display the Sync settings... menu option. It was either grayed out because I only had one image selected, or black because I did have more than one image selected.

If you still are not seeing either of these:

sync.png

Perhaps you need to reset your copy of ACRs preferences, trying following the video here

how do you delete preferences for ACR

Alternatively, than there might be something wrong with your instillation. Perhaps if you tried to reinstall ACR

Camera Raw plug-in installer

Meanwhile, there are two basic ways to create global changes:

(1) open up "X" number of images and immediately press Command/Control-a to select them all at the same time. Now any change you make in the controls will be applied to all images. This is ANY change including things like Crop.

(2) have one image selected, make all of the changes you want, then select all of the images (either from the flyout menu or pressing Command/Control-a and then either selecting "Sync Settings" from the flyout menu or pressing Option-s. The big difference here is that you will then get the option to select which of the alterations you've done on the first image to apply to the others.

We know that #2 is not working, is #1 working at all? If not than perhaps you should try to do first the preferences deletion above or reinstalling ACR.

Please let us know what you find.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 07, 2019 Feb 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Gary, thanks very much for taking the time to provide your detailed response.  First, I followed all your suggestions including Resetting the ACR Preferences (by-the-way, the suggested technique in the YouTube video does not work; one must hold down the Option & Command keys on a Mac while Rebooting Bridge).  I also re-installed Bridge. I did all these things several times with no improvement. Same problems persisted.  Today I got notice of an update to Adobe Camera Raw v 11.2.0.135, which I immediately installed.  Finally - that fixed the problems!   Thanks again.  Mark W.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I generally don't use the Filmstrip Workspace.  When I do Open Filmstrip I still do not see the sync option dialog, but when I use the Alt-S shortcut, the sync option dialog box does open.  Yes, I check all items and already have all of the RAW files selected, but still cannot apply changes globally to all of the files.  As an aside, If I open & select 20 RAW files, select all, check sync options/all, then make a correction on the first file in the list, ONLY the first file is changed.  Then, if I Close ACR and select files #2 through #20, and select all, then Apply Previous Settings, ACR will apply the settings from File #1 to files 2-19.  But this requires a cumbersome second step.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not know how you removed the option from the menu.  I see no way to do that. I have not texte with 20 but 6 seem to sync correct However I just set exposure and crop all synced anf thumbnails update.  I then set auto exposure and un did the crops and synced again.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just backup 20 side car file.  And the deleted them. I the opened the 20 RAW file in ACR adjusted 1 and synced to the rest. hit Done. All had side car files. Which  I canned are then restored the one I had back up.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe I am confused!  Let me outline a sample workflow.  Let's say I have 20 RAW files in a Folder I am viewing in Bridge.  None of those files have had any adjustments made to them.  I select all 20 files in Bridge, open them in ACR, Select All, double check that the Option Sync dialog box has Everything checked.  Then, if I make an adjustment to the 20 files, let's say I completely & intentionally move the Exposure slider to the maximum, the only file that changes (overexposed) is the first file, not the other 19 files.  Thanks again for your help.  Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I type the shortcut, Alt-S, the sync dialog box DOES appear.  I just cannot find it anywhere in any of the pull down menus.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should be in top right popup menu for the filmstrip panel of  ACR like I show

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AOK, I found it in the pop up menu but the files still do not sync.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May be it is Mac related It seems to work on Windows 10.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a thought, maybe it is Mac related.  I will wait to see if anyone else responds on this forum.  If not I will call Adobe next week and try to get someone in support .....  often a challenge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried the same experiment on my MacBook Pro laptop and the file changes in ACR sync perfectly, so, it probably has something to do with my main Mac, which is a Mac Pro.  I am running OSX v10 High Sierra on both Macs, but it might be slightly different versions.  Same versions of Bridge & ACR.  Tomorrow I will test Bridge/ACR on my studio iMac and see how that behaves.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines