• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ACR not displaying full image

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2018-04-26 at 11.22.09.jpgHi, I have noticed a strange issue with Adobe Camera Raw. When I preview the image in Bridge, I can see the full image, as taken with the camera, but when I open in ACR, it clips both sides of the image?

There is no crop, it just chops the ends off? As you can see the blue car on the left is in shot, but in ACR it is clipped.

Has anyone experienced this?

Nikon D850

Mac OS High Sierra

Bridge CC 2018 8.0.1.282

ACR 10.3.0.993

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

It's worse than that, the ACR image is distorted, lengthened horizontally.  Look for auto lens correction either on or off, or something having to do with horizontal perspective.  Perhaps Bridge is showing the embedded jpeg, corrected by the camera?

Richard Southworth

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's worse than that, the ACR image is distorted, lengthened horizontally.  Look for auto lens correction either on or off, or something having to do with horizontal perspective.  Perhaps Bridge is showing the embedded jpeg, corrected by the camera?

Richard Southworth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, if I deselect the lens correction, it reverts back to the full image. I always have lens correction on.

The image bends with lens correction on.

I will try and shoot jpeg in camera and see if the lens distortion in camera is the same.

Thanks for the information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem still confuses me.  I just noticed the image was shot at 16mm on a full-frame camera, one would expect lengthening of the cars at the edges with this extreme wide angle, as shown in the ACR image.  In other words, to me the ACR image looks correct and the Bridge image looks like it has had some sort of horizontal perspective correction applied.

Richard Southworth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bridge is looking at the same NEF file, it must be something to do with how Bridge previews the RAW file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to the top right of Bridge, thumbnail quality, set it to high quality and 100% previews.  That should render the raw file for your Bridge previews.

Richard Southworth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank You for your help.

Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines