• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe CS2 and RAW Files - Canon EOS 550D

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2016 Nov 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe Photoshop CS2 installed on Windows 7 computer and a Canon EOS 550D camera. RAW filed are not recognised. Have downloaded Adobe DNG Converter but still a RAW file is not recognised. Help please!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Christobela,

What version of DNG converter are you using? When you say "RAW file is not recognized," please give specific error messages, screen snapshots if possible, and a full description of the steps you are taking.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mike - thank you for your prompt reply and offer of help.   Since posting the question I have been experimenting and  think I have solved my problem.   I find I can now convert photos using DNG Converter and edit.   It's a little time-consuming and produces huge files but having edited a photo I can save it in a smaller format.   Having only just found out "how" I need more experience but think the final result is still an improvement in picture quality.  

Christobel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Christobel,

im glad to hear you have it working now. Yes, it's a bit cumbersome; the alternative is to bring yourself up to date with Photoshop CC... this may or may not be the right move for you. But at least you have your DNG converter working and can continue using PS CS2 for now.

I'd like to address your issue of "huge files." You probably set the DNG converter parameters to "embed the original raw file." This is ultra-safe, because you can always extract the original CR2 file... but in my opinion, unnecessary. The files are double the size because you've wrapped the CR2 within the DNG container. If you turn off that option, your files should be slightly smaller than the original CR2 files.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2016 Nov 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mike - am so grateful for your advice.   As you made the suggestion, I have taken a look at Photoshop CC.   My current Photoshop CS2 is free and although I can see some free downloads of CC I don't know whether they are from a reliable source.   I assume it would work with my Windows 7.   I took a look at Zonar PS which does handle RAW files and with which I could make web albums and add text much as I used to do with Picasa Albums (now defunct - thank you Google!).   I do not like Google Photos, nor the automatic transfer of my albums to this format and had been looking for something similar to that which I previously had.   The free trial (prior to a one-off cost for the software) commenced in a promising way but then there were so many problems with loss of the ability to edit, corrupt files and the constant use of the Czech language that I had to give up.

I have checked and find I haven't embedded the original raw file but my photos are around 17/18MB.

Christobel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 23, 2016 Nov 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Christobel, if you're looking at downloading Photoshop CC, I can only recommend you download it directly from Adobe's own web site at adobe.com:

https://creative.adobe.com/products/downloa…

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines