• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe bridge only shows RAW file (Nikon NEF) in small size in preview and slideshow

New Here ,
Apr 25, 2017 Apr 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since to latest update to Bridge in Windows 10 I have discoverd that when using preview or filmstrip to view Nikon NEF files in order to select which to delete before editing in Photoshop the image of the file in the  preview window is about the same size as the thumbnail in the lower window and does not appear to be able to enlarged. Camera RAW is up to date and JPEG's show as they should in the preview window. I have tries clearing caches but this has not helped. All is well when I use preview with same RAW files on a MAC so it can't be an issue with the files imported from the camera. Any suggestions will be welcome. many thanks Colin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 28, 2017 Apr 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried resetting the Bridge Preferences?

https://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/kb/troubleshoot-errors-freezes-bridge.html

Screenshot-(108).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2017 Apr 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for the suggestion. I will give a try when I get home.

Colin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2017 Apr 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

Tried this but it made no difference.

Thanks

Colin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See if reinstalling camera raw using the 9.10 installer makes any difference.

Camera Raw installer for Adobe Photoshop CC and CS6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again for the help

I have reinstalled both 9.10 and the previous version but they made no difference. The only issue with this that puzzled me was that I had to install over the existing version as I could not d=find any way of uninstalling the existing version first and this possibly could be an issue. Is there a way to uninstall camera raw?

Thanks

Colin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you actually tried importing some new files from your camera to windows 10?

What make and model of camera are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Tried some new raw files and they have same problem.

The confusing issues are, the same files behave correctly in Bridge on my Apple laptop

Camera Raw works correctly for processing if I load files directly into Photoshop it is only the view in Bridge preview/slideshow that does not enlarge

JPEGs show correctly and I have a Panasonic camera that takes raw and these show correctly so the problem is only with Nikon NEF files taken with either a D90 or a D7100.

Hope this clarifies. I have reinstalled bridge and Camera Raw with no success.

Colin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have come up with a strange anomaly. After reinstalling Bridge a put a card of raw pictures into to card reader and allowed Windows to import then directly into Bridge, an feature I have ignored as it was not always there. All worked as it should with preview .However when I dragged the files on the card reader directly to a folder and then opened them in bridge the problem still remained and only with NEF files not raw2. However so long as I remember to allow Bridge to directly import files and set the import folder to one of choice all is well thank.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry my last lot of info did not work correctly. After closing down bride and reopening the preview pictures were badly pixelated in proper size view. On purging the cache they reverted to the small thumbnail size as when imported by dragging. I really only use Bridge in this way to preview and delete unwanted files before processing in Photoshop. Have discovered Irfan View which allows me to preview raw files for this purpose so will use this for the time being and see if problem is solved when updates occur. Thanks Colin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have another suggestion of preference settings.

Edit>Preferences>Advanced>Generate Monitor Size - Previews

then restart bridge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this issue and fixed it by making sure the NEF files had .NEF as the extension. While batch renaming my photos the extensions disappeared. JPEGs and PSDs displayed large previews anyway, but not NEFs. Redid the batch renaming, making sure to include the .NEF extension, and everything worked fine after that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 24, 2021 Dec 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Moved to the Bridge forum, from the Camera Raw Forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines