• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS6 and Nikon D3400

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2017 Jul 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, I am new to the Photoshop world. I have just purchased a Nikon D3400 and have PS CS6. It is updated to the ACR 9.1.1.461. My problem is that Adobe says that the D3400 camera IS a supported device, however, I cannot open the NEF file and I'm being forced to convert them to the DNG file type. Why am I having to convert my images from a camera that is 'supported'? Can anyone help me here? Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2017 Jul 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I found my issue. From the resource link, my camera the Nikon D3400 needs to have ACR 9.7 or better. That being said, it doesn't look like I can use CS6 as it only goes to 9.1. Looks like I will need to either convert my file or upgrade to CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 15, 2017 Jul 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The DNG converter is free and can be downloaded from Adobe. Here is some information about the DNG converter that might be helpful to you:

Digital Negative (DNG), Adobe DNG Converter | Adobe Photoshop CC

Camera Raw: How to use Adobe DNG Converter - YouTube

Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Windows

Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Macintosh

Other alternatives would be to add Photoshop Elements or Lightroom 6 to your workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines