Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera RAW 11.3.1 performance issue

New Here ,
Jul 03, 2019 Jul 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks,

today I recognized a bad performance issue in CR. When I open a RAW file with CR as a smart object and then click on the smart object layer to re-edit the raw file in CR, the performance is really really bad. I've done this for the last years and never got a problem. And until version 11.3 everything was great. But with the new update 11.3.1 this is a nightmare. And yes, I've tested out my graphic processor. Everything fine with that. The problem still exist, even if I switch off the use of the gpu.

Anybody else got this problem? Any ideas?

Thanks for your help

Achim

System:

MacOS 10.14.5

iMac Retina 5K late 2015

intel Core i7

32GB RAM

GPU AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4GB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi AchimMeure202,

That isn't a great user experience as you're facing performance related issues with Camera Raw 11.3.1, we're sorry to hear about this. Let us help make it right.

Do you only face this issue while working with smart objects only? Did you recently had any OS updates on your computer?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akash,

thanks for the reply. The last OS update was in May. But after that, it worked. So the MacOS update isn't the one who makes trouble... the only thing I can think about is the last Camera RAW update a couple of days ago.

Thanks

Achim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again,

I made some further tests with smart objects or just a simple layer. that doesn't make any difference. But I found out, that there is a big difference in opening eg a .tiff file or a raw file. If I open a raw file as a smart object, then I got these problems. And there's a warning sign for a missing profile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bildschirmfoto 2019-07-03 um 21.18.23.png

If I click on browse there's no profile I can select.

Thanks

Achim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again,

there's no profile in the Application Support folder. How can I get them back?

Thanks

Achim

Bildschirmfoto 2019-07-03 um 21.36.53.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I got my profiles back (at least the Adobe default ones). But the problem is still the same

It's  only with RAW files…

Thanks

Achim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I did a short video to show you how slow it is. I did this video on purpose with my iPhone to not influence the performance of my iMac.

Thanks

Achim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 12, 2019 Jul 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Achim,

I am sorry about the such a delayed response from my end. Your messages were somehow not highlighted as unread in my inbox.

Thanks for sharing all the information, I missed a lot of it. Let's get to the issue and resolve it.

As your computer has got plenty of RAM and good GPU memory, it seems like the issue is either related to account level permissions.

To make sure we're heading the right troubleshooting, please enable the root user account on your Mac and see if Camera Raw performance is similar or improved. See How to enable the root user on your Mac or change your root password - Apple Support

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2019 Jul 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akash,

thanks for your answer. I tried the root user and edited the same RAW file. It seems, that is was a bit faster, but way to slow and no comparison to a tiff file (and how it was weeks ago). So still not usable.

Meanwhile I also tried to convert my raw files into DNG files with the Adobe DNG Converter. But same problem with dng files…

Any other idea?

Thanks and greets

Achim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 15, 2019 Jul 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Achim,

Could you please try installing any of the previous versions of Camera raw mentioned in this article Camera Raw plug-in installer  and let us know if that improves the performance?

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2019 Jul 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Akash,

thanks for coming back to me.

I tried two versions, the 10.5 and the 11.3. The older one produces this error:

Bildschirmfoto 2019-07-15 um 18.21.33.png

And the 11.3 (I tried before) has the same problem.

Thanks

Achim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines