Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera RAW 5.7 Startup Error

New Here ,
Aug 15, 2019 Aug 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I had to reinstall Adobe Photoshop & Bridge CS4 on to my iMac (macOS Mojave version 10.14.6). While the update for Photoshop was downloaded & installed without any problems, I ran into a snag with the Camera RAW 5.7 update when I got a popup saying "Startup error, Required resources are missing". Is there anything I can do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi GrimmTwin,

Well, two choices: either you go back to a much earlier OS or you update your Adobe Software.

Actually I'm very very surprised that you got PS-CS4 installed, but not surprised at all that ACR is not working at all. PS may have installed but I've not a clue as to how well it will work for you. CS4 is 11 years old now and at the time the operating system for the Max was X.5.5.

Any software relies upon various "hooks" within the OS to do its magic with. Sometimes those hooks are added to provide new features while others are removed as they are no longer viable and/or better hooks are created. As such, CS4 is looking for hooks that do not exist or have radically changed.

I think you've gotten your money out of CS4 at this point and are ready to move up to something made this decade. You're images will appreciate it, a lot has been updated since you've looked at PS.

I strongly suggest you check out Adobe's Photoshop Plan

Creative Cloud pricing and membership plans | Adobe Creative Cloud

If you do not wish to do a subscription service there are a number of other Photographic software titles out there that can also work with X.14.6

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Perhaps using the camera raw 5.7 installer will yield better results.

Adobe - Photoshop : For Macintosh : Camera Raw 5.7 update

You might have to follow the instruction here under Creative Suite 5.5, 5, and 4

to get the update to install.

Installing Creative Suite on macOS 10.12 (Sierra)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines