• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera Raw 9.8 "DNG Converter 9.8" for Sony ILCA-99M2

Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2017 Mar 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I own an older version of Adobe, Photoshop CS6, tried to download Camera raw 9.8 to process RAW ".ARW" pictures from my new Sony ILCA-99M2. I use Window10, I downloaded Adobe Digital Negative Converter Version 9.8.0.692 as described in the instructions for older version CS6. And from the DNG Converter "Select Folder", after selecting the folder, it did not recognize the .ARW images in that folder "No items match your search"!! Any idea what I'm doing wrong here? Thanks for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 12, 2017 Mar 12, 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the link! Yes, I tried that already, the latest update to old version CS6 is Camera Raw 9.1.1. However, in "Cameras supported by Camera Raw", it's stating that Minimum Camera Raw plug-in version required is 9.8 for my type camera.

So, is Adobe Photoshop will be upgraded within 90 days for the old version CS6 to include Camera Raw 9.8 or 9.9, as they stating?

Thanks again for taking the time to answer the question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note 6: Adobe Camera Raw will no longer be updated for Photoshop CS6 after version 9.1.1. See: Update to camera support policy in CS6

so ps cs6 will never support cr 9.8.  you must either upgrade to cc (for $) or use the dng converters (for free).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, sad but it's reality! So, back to my original question, and thanks for your time!

Which version of DNG Converter that will work with PS CS6?

Version 9.8 didn't work for me! Unless I do trial and error and try them all, which is time consuming!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

all dng converters work as stand-alone converters.  they don't integrate with ps or any other adobe program

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines