• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera Raw Auto WB a mess with latest version! Green tint!

Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest version of ACR (CC 2019)  is adding a terrible green tint when I use Auto WB. I use this for every photo I take to get a good baseline and tweak as necessary. The latest version is making all my images green! The files are much closer to correct when imported. I shoot RAW so no camera processing. It doesn't matter which Profile I choose, Adobe's or my camera's.

I'm on a Mac, OS 10.13.6 (High Sierra). I've used PS for years and have never had issues with Auto WB.

Green Tint ACR.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Hello. This is a known issue and a fix will be available in a future release.

Regards,

- Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Carolyn,

First off I do not have any initial ideas of what's causing this. But as a test, could you please use the eyedropper (WB Tool) on something that is white? (It appears that there are a number of possible items there).

Also, for the record, what color space are you working in and what kind of camera are you working with.

FWIW, I use a Canon (7Dm2) and I've not seen anything like this at all. Also, I've not seen reports dealing with this so my guess is that there is a setting that is in error. So, let's see if we can work this out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Gary.

I've had to use the eyedropper on each image since Auto turns all my images green. The eyedropper works fine. Working in sRGB color space both in ACR and PS. I also checked in LR and I get the same green tint with Auto WB.

I shoot with Fuji, have ACR set to Provia (Fuji) but this also happens with Adobe's camera profile. Also attaching the color profiles preview, they are all green!

SOOC

sooc.jpg

Auto WB

profiles.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your screen shot is too low of a resolution for me to read. What camera profile are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The instructions for uploading an image are up to 900px so that's what size they are.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you upload a sample raw file to somewhere like dropbox or onedrive or googledrive and post a public share link to it, here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dropbox - DSCF0502.RAF

Same file as above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll submit a bug with Adobe for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. This is a known issue and a fix will be available in a future release.

Regards,

- Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great.  No bug needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines