• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera Raw CC 11.0 is corrupting Samsung S7 DNG-files?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I updated Creative Cloud this morning, Photoshop CC and Lightroom CC Classic are not displaying my Samsung S7 DNG-files correctly.

No problems before. Now all imported and opened DNG files have the same problem: they display a coloured band on one of the long sides of the files. And no, I don't copy the photos from my S7 to my HD with Lightroom directly. I do that with Windows Explorer. No damage in the copied files. Checked that with RAWTherapee. But all imported files have the same artifacts on one of the long sides.

As we have two Galaxy S7 in the house, I checked on both with the same result. I also checked on an older version of Photoshop CC that still uses Camera Raw CC 10.5 and it is displaying the files correctly. I also checked on my second machine with Creative Cloud updated. And as I was abroad I did not update it there and all files were displayed correctly. Now that I have updated Creative Cloud I get the same problem even in Samsung S7 DNG-files that were fine before.

So, that's why I think it is Camera Raw CC 11 that's causing the problems.

Is anyone else having this problem. I found this Artifacts at Edges of Galaxy S7 RAW DNG Files in Ps, Lr Classic and Lr | Photoshop Family Customer C... on another forum just now...

Greetings

Anton

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

After updating to LR Classic 8.1 en Camera Raw 11.1 today,  my  Galaxy S7 dng-files are rendered without the fringing. As far as I can see now, that goes for the old and new photos. Problem seems to be solved?

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a similar issue with RAWs from a Samsung Note 9 rear camera. A band on one edge of each photo looks corrupted since updating to Camera Raw 11. The very same files looked fine yesterday, and now all of them show this band. Here is an example DNG: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AiMZJM5KACmmzXsRGJtgmT4a3ZVJ (shared via OneDrive)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same issue with my Galaxy S7 as well. Everything was fine before the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2018 Oct 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On another forum a Adobe Employee reacted as follows:

G0apher, Adobe Employee

• 34 Posts
  • 17 Reply Likes

Thanks, for reporting this. I can also see the same artefact on importing your images.

I have logged a bug for the team, and we will be investigating a fix for this issue in an upcoming update.

Thanks again, and appreciate your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2018 Oct 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issues with files from S8 and Note 9. Please let me know if you need any of the files for investigating the issue.

Thnx

T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2018 Dec 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have downloaded Open Camera on my Note 9 and can confirm that the DNGs have no issues in LR.

Open Camera - Apps on Google Play

I can provide files if needed

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue with Samsung S7 dng files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2018 Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am glad I found this. I am having the same issue and was troubleshooting the last 30 mins at first I thought it was in my head. It seems like if I upload a picture through the laptop its fine, but the same file uploaded through my phone (Samsung s9+) has a pink line on the side. Also I've only tried the raw files taken from my phone. The raw files display fine in my gallery and in Snapseed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same with Galaxy s8+

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2018 Nov 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem: DNG files from S7, S8 and S9 phones are displaying a corruption "banding" on the longest edge (left or bottom depending on the picture rotation). This is very problematic.

I did a lot of trouble shooting using different softwares and switching video cards (NVIDIA vs Onboard INTEL) same issue.

It is related to Adobe DNG engine.

I just found a temporary workaround there (working for bridge and photoshop but not lightroom : Samsung Galaxy S9 Pro Camera's DNGs processed very differently after recent updates... )

Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2018 Nov 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After updating to LR Classic 8.1 en Camera Raw 11.1 today,  my  Galaxy S7 dng-files are rendered without the fringing. As far as I can see now, that goes for the old and new photos. Problem seems to be solved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines