• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera Raw & Canon User Defined Picture Profile

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I have a User Defined Picture Profile from a Canon 5DM3 show up in the Camera Raw pull down menu when I am processing the CR2 files in Photo Shop's Camera Raw extension.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

I don't think you can since those are canons proprietary settings which adobe doesn't have access to.

Maybe someone on the internet has replicated the settings in camera raw so you might goggle for that.

In camera raw itself under the Calibration tab>Camera Profile there are Adobe’s best approximation of a few of the picture styles.

profile.jpg

test file from here

Canon 5D Mark III Review - Gallery

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think you can since those are canons proprietary settings which adobe doesn't have access to.

Maybe someone on the internet has replicated the settings in camera raw so you might goggle for that.

In camera raw itself under the Calibration tab>Camera Profile there are Adobe’s best approximation of a few of the picture styles.

profile.jpg

test file from here

Canon 5D Mark III Review - Gallery

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Jeff. The solution seems to be to replicate the Cinestyle 'look' using the settings in Camera Raw and then saving those settings to create a recipe for future use - Camera Raw is more than capable of simulating the Cinestyle 'look'. Interestingly, the Cinestyle Picture Profile does show up in Canon's DDP and CR2 files. Another option is in PS, to apply the PS Camera Raw filter to jpeg files using the Cinestyle Picture Profile, but this can be destructive and should be used carefully. Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines