Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera Raw Glitch

New Here ,
Aug 24, 2018 Aug 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Camera raw glitch.png

For some reason, suddenly I all of my raw files can only be viewed like this through Camera Raw. I've used Camera Raw recently and it has never shown me whatever this is. I've made no changes to Camera Raw or altered any preferences anywhere. It just suddenly can't read any of my raw files normally. I know the files aren't glitchy; I've checked previous raw files I've opened successfully before and the same thing happens when I now open them in Camera Raw again. The raw files can still be viewed and opened in Bridge and Photoshop. It just seems to be Camera Raw that's the problem. I'm absolutely bamboozled by this. I don't know what happened or how this developed.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Hi rebekah_l,

Sorry that the raw images you're working with suddenly showing up corrupted in Camera raw filter.

This corruption of images can occur because of two major factors:

1) Graphics card drivers are outdated on your computer and since Camera leverages the GPU, it is showing the image as corrupt.

To verify that the issue is related to GPU, please disable the GPU usage in Camera raw, Refer Adobe Camera Raw graphics processor (GPU) FAQ and troubleshooting ​

Adobe Camera Raw Error message below the Use Graphics Processor option

2) The source where your images are st

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi rebekah_l,

Sorry that the raw images you're working with suddenly showing up corrupted in Camera raw filter.

This corruption of images can occur because of two major factors:

1) Graphics card drivers are outdated on your computer and since Camera leverages the GPU, it is showing the image as corrupt.

To verify that the issue is related to GPU, please disable the GPU usage in Camera raw, Refer Adobe Camera Raw graphics processor (GPU) FAQ and troubleshooting ​

Adobe Camera Raw Error message below the Use Graphics Processor option

2) The source where your images are stored is corrupt, specifically it is a hardware failure. If your images are stored on an external drive or SD card. they might be causing this image corruption.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help! That seems to have solved the problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 28, 2018 Aug 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the update.

Glad to know it's now working fine.

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines