• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera Raw Glitching

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2018 Nov 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the 2018 version and now in the 2019 version I am having a serious issue where the bottom right of camera raw just stops working, randomly. Clicking on open image, cancel, done, vibrance slider, and saturation slider all cause camera raw to grey out. I can't exit out of photoshop or camera raw and am forced to end it in task manager. Then I have to restart my computer or it will do it again. Has anyone experienced this? Does anyone know how to make it stop?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2018 Nov 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which graphics card are you using?   (some other specs might help a little too: how many monitors are you using)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2018 Nov 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a GTX 950m and a 17inch 4k screen. It's a laptop, it has handled photoshop for about 2 years. This problem started recently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 11, 2018 Nov 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

An application graying out is a sign that the keyboard/mouse drivers have suspended taking new input because they are waiting on some low-level process to complete.  In my experience this is due to the app needing more memory and waiting for the OS to give it to the application.

You might watch things in Task Manager to see if the CPU is maxed out, the memory is exhausted and/or there are many page-faults occurring, and if the GPU is being used or not.  Add the GPU and GPU Engine columns in the TM Processes view (right click on another column heading to get the menu), and add the PF Delta column in the Details view to see the page-faults.

You can try disabling or enabling the GPU individually in each of PS and ACR Performance settings and try updating the graphics driver from the manufacturer's site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines