• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera Raw Profiles Plug-in

Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2018 Jun 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Pentax K-5 IIs, and have never been able to get Camera Raw's Camera Calibration to show anything but Embedded and Adobe Standard as the profile choices (nothing about Pentax at all).

I just updated Photoshop CC a couple of weeks ago, and heard that  Camera Raw's Profiles has been significantly updated, but it doesn't seem to have been changed at all on my version.

I have an iMac Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014, with High Sierra OS. Oh, and I only shoot RAW. My file extension is DNG. I know that my Pentax is supposed to be supported.

I read (I think - it wasn't really clear) that I need a Plug-In, but I don't know what the name of the plugin is - just searching for "Adobe Camera Raw Profiles Plug-In" hasn't found anything. How do I find it?

I also went to my Photoshop's Help>Find Plug-Ins & Extensions, but that brought me to an Adobe page with thousands of Plugins for special effects, most for sale, and doing a search within that page for Camera Raw Profiles didn't bring anything helpful up either.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Photoshop and Camera Raw are you using?

As of PS CC 2018/19.1 & ACR 10.3 there are various profiles available for the K5-IIs and most other cameras that produce raw images:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, since I renewed my subscription and updated 2 weeks ago, in late May, I assume it's whatever is the latest. And the one I had before was Adobe Photoshop CC 2017, from a year ago, which also should have had, but didn't, support for Pentax cameras. Not sure how to see which Camera Raw I downloaded from Adobe two weeks ago, but the Photoshop CC version I downloaded from  Adobe 2 weeks ago says: 2017.1.4 and then in the line below that, 20180411.r.29x64 if that means anything

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The camera raw version is in the title bar of mine on Windows if it's not maximized...10.3.  That's the minimum ACR version for the new profiles.

Doing Help / System Info... in PS shows the following PS version for me: 19.1.4 20180507.r.325 2018/05/07: 1170750 x64.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, I don't know how to make my camera raw not maximized. There's no title bar at all. I'll go look for my Help>System Info now and see if I can find that kind of info. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the info (looks like I only have 2017. I could've sworn that I had downloaded some big PS update. But I also recently updated my OS, so I may be confusing the two.

Adobe Photoshop Version: 2017.1.4 20180411.r.29 2018/04/11: 1166261  x64

Number of Launches: 32

Operating System: Mac OS 10.13.4

System architecture: Intel CPU Family:6, Model:60, Stepping:3 with MMX, SSE Integer, SSE FP, SSE2, SSE3, SSE4.1, SSE4.2, AVX, AVX2

Physical processor count: 4

Processor speed: 3500 MHz

Built-in memory: 32768 MB

Free memory: 19810 MB

Memory available to Photoshop: 30743 MB

Memory used by Photoshop: 70 %

Required plug-ins:

Camera Raw 9.12.1 (790), Copyright © 2017 Adobe Systems Incorporated - from the file “Camera Raw.plugin”

Camera Raw Filter 9.12.1 (790), Copyright © 2017 Adobe Systems Incorporated - from the file “Camera Raw.plugin”

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am not a Mac person so am not exactly sure, but to me it looks like the version of PS you have installed is from Nov 2016:

Update information for older versions of Adobe Photoshop

You might check things on this page to see if you can get a newer version of PS, installed, and as a last resort, try the Mac link for ACR 10.3 near the bottom of the page:  Keep Adobe Photoshop up to date

What does your CC app say you have for other versions available to install.  This is what it looks like on my computer:

BTW, this is how I change from full-screen to title-bar mode on my ACR plug-in:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines