• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera Raw Sequence takes properties from first frame.

New Here ,
Jul 05, 2018 Jul 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, thank you in advance for giving this a look.

I'm currently trying to find out a new RAW workflow through Adobe After Effects. I'm shooting a Sony FS700 with an Odyssey 7q+, and my files are Cinema DNG at 4K DCI.

I know how to import a sequence by selecting the first frame from the batch and importing it through After Effects. It brings in the entire sequence as one video after allowing me to edit the first frame in the camera raw dialogue. The edits I apply to the first frame are then copied over to every other frame in the sequence that is brought in.

To get around this, I read somewhere that I could reveal the sequence in Adobe Bridge. I did so and I thought it was great, I was able to edit different frames with the camera raw system. This would come in handy in a changing environment. However when I'm done with the edits and hit the boomerang "Return to After Effects," it seemingly does nothing. Unsure that this was the process I was supposed to take, I tried reloading the footage in the After Effects project panel. However, even when I reload the sequence or re-import it, the sequence only takes the color correction from the very first frame.

As an example:

I took a test video of my dad and here are the first 3 frames. I colored them all differently.

Capture.JPG

When I reload/re-import, the sequence changes but it only takes the color correction/grade from the first frame.

Below is another picture, the same sequence and files from the above in Bridge, reimported/reloaded. However this is the second frame, which should be black and white like how I corrected it in Adobe Bridge.

Captuasdre.JPG

I hope you guys can understand what I'm trying to convey. I don't know if this is a known problem in After Effects with a known solution. I googled and can't find any other documentation on what is going on.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'm excited to use this new workflow as now I can truly utilize my RAW files.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2018 Jul 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Update:

I tried it again but this time when I imported the DNGs into After Effects I selected all the DNGs (not the .wav or xmp/xml files) and told it to bring it in as a raw sequence. It did, however the first file was correctly the first file, the second file was black and white, and the third and all the rest of the files were the extreme colored version as shown above. Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines