• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera Raw Ver 8 does not open Canon 20D images

Explorer ,
Jul 29, 2013 Jul 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently updated Photoshop CS6, Camera Raw plugin to Ver 8.1.0.43  Now for some reason the CR2 images from my Canon 20D will not open. These images used to open just fine in Camera Raw Ver 7. 

Has CR Ver 8 dropped support for the Canon 20D raw images?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To my knowledge, support has never been dropped for any camera.  My suspicion is that you have either installed camera raw in the wrong folder, or else you have two versions on your computer.  Either way, camera raw will not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The error message I get is "Could not complete your request because of a disk error".  I get this message even if I open Bridge as admin. However, if I login as superadmin, then I am able to open the CR2 files in Camera Raw.  It is not clear what changed in the application that affected these permission levels. I believe the error message is not representative of the issue since the disk tests as healthy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Jim, thats what I thought.  It seems a permission issue, since it works fine now if I'm logged in a superuser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines