• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera Raw not saving XMP sidecars

New Here ,
Sep 27, 2017 Sep 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been experiencing a new issue lately where all the work that I do in Camera RAW doesn't save to the XMP sidecar when I reopen the photo and am wondering if I may have inadvertently changed a preference.

My Camera Raw Preference is set to "Save images settings in: Sidecar ".xmp" files" so I don't think I should be having this issue. If it makes any difference, I'm working with CR2 and ARW files.

My workflow involves using Photo Mechanic to do my organizing, editing and metadata, then launching Photoshop's Camera RAW to do my toning. My temporary solution is using Lightroom, which saves the work I've done on the photos, but it's not my preference.

Appreciate any input as to why this is happening. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 02, 2017 Oct 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ysbphoto,

May I know which version of Camera raw and Photoshop are you using?

Do you work on a smart object in Photoshop ACR or the edited image from Photo Mechanic?

If you import a unedited raw file from explorer/finder into Photoshop and then choose to export the sidecar Xmp, does that work fine?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2017 Oct 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I subscribe to the Creative Cloud so everything should be the latest.

Photoshop

20170425.r.252 x64

Camera RAW

It just says "up to date"

Photo Mechanic is only used for sorting, metadata and tagging images. When I choose to edit a photo, Photo Mechanic launches Photoshop and Camera RAW. I can edit one or multiple photos in Camera RAW.

The sidecars look like they have been modified at the same time as the RAW files when I look at a finder window. Opening the RAW file from finder does not include the changes that have been made.

Is it possible that there may be an issue with my RAW preferences and that I should trash them in my OS library?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines