• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera Raw panel preview Option

LEGEND ,
Sep 13, 2018 Sep 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In latest versions of Camera Raw, when we open an adjusted raw or dng file and make changes in several panels, there is an option (press P key) to preview the Before and After of all those changes.

But there is not a straight way (*) to preview, compare, the Before and After of changes in the current panel.

Because the icon (Highlighted in Fig. 2) that, in my little understanding, should do it, shows instead the default (zero) values,

thus it is not showing the Before and After, but how new values compare to default ones, -values that I am not using at all-, as I have started with non-zero ones.

I think this behaviour should be changed/reversed.

On first capture the initial raw file open. Temperature compensation is changed from 0.

Adjustments are not zero to begin with.

preview-0.png

On second capture, when pressing the highlighted icon, that previews with default values,

there is no comparison with what it's being done. It makes no sense.

preview1.png

(*)Yes I know I can use Ctrl/Cmd+Z or save snapshots. This icon is actually duplicating the menu: Use Camera Raw defaults.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the #2 icon, "swap before and after". This will do what you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 14, 2018 Sep 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

D Fosse,

Thank you for answering but the second icon from left (shortcut P) jumps between the current or last one and the initial one.

I open an image [Step 0] and find it overblown and colorless, thus I move to HSL adjustments panel. I recover a blue sky, clouds, green on trees and vegetals,... [Step 1]

Then I move back to Basic panel and make further (minor) adjustments [Step 2]

Well, Second icon compares this Setp 2 with Step 0. (current vs. initial)

Fine, but it shows changes made in all the panels.

This is not what I asking for. I want to recover the option to view ONLY the changes made in the current panel. I want to compare Step 2, with Step 1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Chuck

But Q (first icon) toggles between different views side by side or split, of the current or last step, after adjusting in several panels, and initial one.

That's is not what I was asking for. Something that was possible earlier.

I want to toggle between the picture I have adjusted on a panel, and the picture before those adjustments made in that panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Half Resolved !!

I have found out at least a shortcut that in most situations makes what is needed.

It returns the adjustments in the current panel to its default or null values. Thus it compares the picture before making changes on that panel with the version after applying changes there:

Ctrl/Cmd + Alt +P (resets default values in current panel).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By clicking on the toggle before and after "Q", once you move a slider, you can set the before preview to the current settings by pressing alt/opt-P or the second to right icon at the bottom. That way you can compare your last step with the next one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 16, 2018 Sep 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try the following:

Open a raw/dng file [Step 0]

let's suppose it's dark and we adjust:

Exposure: 0--> 2

Clarity: 0--> 25

and Dehaze: 0 -->30                   [Step 1]

Now open HSL adj tab or panel     

Select Target Adjustment tools

Drag right in the sky to make it bluer (Blues slider +70)  [Step 2]

And now, I want to compare what I see now [Step 2] NOT with initial [step 0] but with [Step 1]

(If I press Q or P I see last or current adjustments with initial image)

Thay do, (if I am not wrong) practically the very same.

What I wish is to compare what I have done already at the Basic tap [Step 1] with the before and after the adjustments made in HSL tab [Step 2], and if move to another tab, and make further adjustments there, I need to compare changes made in that tab only.

The solution, do not found other, is with the shortcut Ctrl+Alt+P

Pressing Alt+P, copies current settings to Before, does not compares views.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 16, 2018 Sep 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the thing, you have to know what step you want to compare when you create that step. So you would have to set the preview to step 1, when you did step one. Only other way would be to use snap shots in combination with the comparison view.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 17, 2018 Sep 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Chuck for answering.

Please, let me know how to set the preview to Step 1.  (Without using snapshots).

In Camera Raw some years ago, there was an option to Preview just the changes made in the current tab.

Thus, we could revisit what input and outcome provided each tab after making changes in several of them.

That's what I am missing.

The shortcut Cmd/Ctrl+Alt+P does the trick setting back adjustments in current tab. But I think ehere shold be an easier way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 17, 2018 Sep 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You just have to press alt/opt-P when you are at step one, and before you continue to step 2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 18, 2018 Sep 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Chuck

Alt+P (third icon from left) consolidates the changes you have done. Thus if applied each time you leave a tab to the next one, you can compare current with (only) the one before.

But as I have told repeatedly, if I make some changes in Basic, Detail, HSL and Effects tab, I wish to be able to review how changes made in Detail, or HSL or any other tab, on/off.  How each of the adjustments made in that precise tab changes what I see.

Do I explain it clearly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 18, 2018 Sep 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you want to compare more than one thing, you have to use the snapshots. You can take snapshots of each step that you want to compare, including the present state, then go to that snapshot, set the comparison using alt-p, then use the snapshot to go to the last view. Not the most ideal way to do this, but I think it might be your only option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "Q" key toggles the comparison views.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines