• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera Raw support for new Nikon D810

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2014 Jul 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, could you please advise when we can expect to see camera raw support for the new nikon D810.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 15, 2014 Jul 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My guess would be in the next release. But you will just have to wait and see because Adobe never announces camera support in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 16, 2014 Jul 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, since the camera isn't officially shipping yet, I suspect that at least ACR will have a beta/RC version out relatively soon'ish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 17, 2014 Jul 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.  The Camera Raw 8.6 and DNG Converter 8.6 public Release Candidates were just posted to Adobe Labs (labs.adobe.com).  They support raw files for the Nikon D810.  If you are using Lightroom, for now, you can use ACR 8.6 / DNG Converter 8.6 to convert the D810 raw files to DNG, which can then be read in Lightroom 5.5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2014 Jul 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So if I use Adobe's free DNG converter, will those dng files from the D810 be readable in my LR 4.4?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Theoretically, yes.  However, I've seen a couple reports of D810 NEFs converted to DNGs not working, so I'm not sure.  You can certainly try and report back.

Would you mind posting a sample D810 NEF file, upload to dropbox.com and post a link, here, so I can test.

BTW, this is a user-to-user forum and I'm just another user like yourself, not an Adobe person.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm holding off on the camera purchase until I gather further info about software compatibility issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as we know there are no issues with DNGs from the D810. I just tried a test image in LR 4.4 and it was fine.

If anyone here has a repeatable issue or can direct me to a specific forum thread, please report back ASAP so we can address it before the official release.

Regards,

- Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ccastleb, that's great to know!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2014 Jul 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris,

Have you tested the Nikon 810 NEF files with CS6/Bridge (fully updated) on a Mac OS10.7?  My CS6 will not open any of the RAW files from this camera (just came in a few days ago) -- but is ok with other Nikon RAW images from older cameras. The jpegs are fine. Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ACR 8.6RC (beta) is already out and it has support for that camera.  There is a dedicated version of ACR 8.6 specific to CS6 which has the addes camera model support only, but without the new features available in CC and CC 2014..

Adobe Photoshop Camera Raw 8.6 RC for CC and CC 2014 Release Candidate | digital camera raw file sup...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ station_two: it appears from the link that Adobe Labs has for the release candidate is only for those with CC?  I am running CS6 - is there a link for the full  stand-alone version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm mistaken!! I found it! Thanks, station_two! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Either you have not installed the beta ACR 8.6, or have shot Small Raw format that is not yet supported, or you've used obsolete Nikon software on the newer camera NEFs that corrupts them.  Station_two has given the link to get the beta software.  Here is the link to a utility that can reverse the corruption from obsolete software:

Fix Corrupted Nikon NEF Images

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think you'll accomplish anything by postponing the purchase of the camera. The Nikon NEF format for the D810 isn't going to change. You will just have to wait until Adobe gets the support right, which you can be assured they will. In the meantime, you can use the Nikon software or shoot JPEG and get accustomed to the camera. That's what I would do, anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not about waiting for Adobe to get things right and I know the NEF format isn't going to change. The compatibility issues are on my end because my mac pro can't upgrade to 10.9 to run LR 5 so I want to understand if LR 4 is going to prevent me from working with the RAW files (I don't shoot jpeg nor use Nikon software).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 22, 2014 Jul 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your question is, then, will your old computer even run the DNG Converter 8.6 RC.  Download the DMG and try to install and run it and see if you get an error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2014 Jul 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

C/mon Adobe - let's go already with the update!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 26, 2014 Jul 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

D Saul wrote:

I'm holding off on the camera purchase until I gather further info about software compatibility issues.

Very wise decision.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have read the reports of the DNG converter not working as well. You might have to wait for the final release. But the DNG files should open in Lightroom 4.4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An issue with the D810 and the DNG Converter was clarified today on another thread--basically NEFs shot with the new 9MP Small Raw mode won't work, but full-res 36MP images will work.  I'd expect Adobe to have this fixed in the final release.

Here is the relevant thread:  Re: Nikon D810 and DNG files still not working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2014 Aug 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased the Adobe Lightroom 5.6 upgrade.  and I have a Nikon 810.. I downloaded the DNG convertor. and ran it. does Lightroom now just recognize the new files or do I have to convert them first?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 01, 2014 Sep 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR 5.6 should recognize the NEFs from the D810 without using the DNG Converter.

If it doesn’t them the NEFs could be corrupted because you viewed or transferred them with old Nikon software. You can fix this corruption using the utility found here:

http://owl.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/fix_corrupted_nef.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2014 Sep 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about for Photoshop elements 12?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 30, 2014 Jul 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, ssprengel, it worked for me too. Thanks man.

What a luck, actually I new that the camera is too cool to be supported right away, but now slowly apple and adobe both updating for the D810. I guess this point should have been updated in the review -  nikon d810 vs d800 - though which I've decided to get it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines