• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera Raw support for new Nikon D810

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2014 Jul 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, could you please advise when we can expect to see camera raw support for the new nikon D810.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 30, 2014 Jul 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have just released the final versions of ACR 8.6 and also Lightroom 5.6 tonight. You can now open all your NEF files from Nikon D810 in both applications.

Camera Raw 8.6 and DNG Converter 8.6 Now Available

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Link does not work:

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://helpx.stage.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/camera-raw-plug-in-installer.html" on this server.

Reference #18.cbcd387d.1406783686.22b6be1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 31, 2014 Jul 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try again? I am being directed to the correct place - Camera Raw 8.6 and DNG Converter 8.6 Now Available

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2014 Aug 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adriana – I installed the download from the link in the 7/27 post and was able to convert my NEF files to DNG format from my new D810 camera, but could not view/edit the NEF-smalls. When I saw your latest post I used your link to go to that download and noticed that in the description it mentioned that the issues with the D810 NEF-small have been resolved.  I deleted/emptied trash of the 7/27 download and re-installed the one mentioned from your link – although they were both identical in file size and version: 8.6 – hmm?  I tried the converter – but nothing new was converted (I presume because all had already been converted before?).  However, CS6 is still not able to open/edit neither the NEF-small file formats, nor the DNG created from it.  I am thinking maybe I am missing a step, because when I select properties for Camera Raw in CS6, the version is 8.5.0.236 – is that ok (my CS6 version is 13.0.6 – and no other updates appear available)? I only downloaded the DNGConverter_8_6.dmg; installed the .pkg – did I forget a step? Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll want to get ACR 8.6 Final to work in CS6.  And you'll want to reconvert the NEFs to DNGs using the DNG Converter 8.6 Final, not rerun it against the bad small-raw DNGs.  I presume you kept your NEFs since you were using beta software, before.

Are you saying you ran the installer downloaded from here and it didn't update CS6 with ACR 8.6?

Camera Raw plug-in installer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, ssprengel!  that was the missing component! Even though I had checked for updates for Camera Raw, apparently it did not check well enough -- but the link you provided got version 8.6 installed.  I deleted the original DNGs and re-converted the NEFs -- the thumbnails finally came through in Bridge; the files open in RAW -- I am good to go with my new camera!!  Thanks so much for deciphering my dilemma and providing the solution. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 03, 2014 Aug 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link I supplied was also on the page that Adriana linked to, earlier, but since you weren't specific what you'd tried that she'd linked I decided to pass it along.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 04, 2014 Aug 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for following up, Steve! DVDLakeside, I am glad it is working for you now!! Enjoy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now it would be nice to have working camera profiles for the D810:

Nikon D810 Posterization with some Camera Profiles

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. We will take a look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2014 Dec 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any word on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are replacement profiles in the latest versions of LR 5.7 and ACR 8.7. See the Bugfixes section:

http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2014/11/camera-raw-8-7-and-dng-converter-8-7-now-available.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this. I think it now is fine

Sent from my Windows Phone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, it’ll be fine if you have LR 5.7 or ACR 8.7 installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded to new machine and tried reading bed time and worked with no fixes

Sent from my Windows Phone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I downloaded a new version for my surface pro 3 and it seems to work. you?

Sent from Windows Mail

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 31, 2014 Jul 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just use the auto updater in Help > Updates.

I updated that way earlier today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Woo hoo!!!! Thank you adobe!!! Ahead of Apple!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2014 Oct 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated ACR for use with Photoshop 5 on my computer, but when I open Photoshop I get the message that the D810 is unsupported. What am I missing here? Thanks in advance.

Bruce F. (would appreciate a detailed reply to "barister@jps.net" if you'd prefer to be brief on this site.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This list of supported cameras from Adobe says you need ACR 8.6, and that is only compatible with PS-CS6 and PS-CC.

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

Alternatively you can convert your NEFs to DNGs with the DNG Converter 8.6 or newer and use those DNGs with an older ACR plug-in that comes with PS-CS5. Be sure to set your DNG compatibility settings to before ACR 7.1 otherwise your D810 raw files will have holes.

The DNG Converter can be found, here:

http://www.adobe.com/downloads/updates/

Check the system requirements to make sure your OS is new enough to run the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Oct 21, 2014 Oct 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That reply was blank.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines