• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera Raw update not showing up

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using LR 2015.9 (shows camera raw 9.9) and PS CC 2018 (which indicates CR 10.3 installed).  Whenever I try and export an image from LR to PS I get a pop up saying that my Camera Raw version is 0.3 and the files won't be compatible.  Do I want to export anyways or use LR for export. 

I tried downloading the latest version of CR 10.3 and relaunched both PS and LR and the problem still exists.  I can't locate the CR folder anywhere on my computer (using spotlight search) to confirm which folders are actually stored nor can it be located searching manually. 

I tried exporting a BW image from LR into PS.  When the export dialogue popped up, if I chose 'export anyways' with the incompatibility popup, the image turned all yellow in PS.  If I exported from LR selecting the 'use LR anyways' option with the incompatibility pop-up, the image appears like a normal BW photo in PS.

As an aside, (I don't know if this could be related in anyway), when I created a layer mask for an image, filled with black, and then tried painting in with a white brush soft edge at extremely low opacity, the brush edges are quite visible on the image.  Trying all kinds of different brushes didn't solve the problem.

I tried resetting the brush options, and even reset the photography workspace option in PS but the 2 problems still exist.

Using an iMac el cap 10.11.6 5k monitor 27" iMac 2015.

Help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

The reason you are getting that message is because Photoshop is up-to-date, But you are running an older version of Lightroom. Lightroom has been upgraded to Lightroom Classic CC, and is now at version 7.3 and you need to be running that in order to avoid that message. You cannot update Lightroom by installing the latest Camera Raw. Lightroom is not affected by the Camera Raw plug-in. The raw technology is part of the Lightroom program, and Lightroom itself must be updated in order to be kept cu

Votes

Translate

Translate
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi eyeguy99,

Sorry that the latest camera raw update is not showing up in the Creative Cloud desktop app. Please take a look at this article Available updates not listed for Adobe Creative Cloud applications ​and let us know if the solutions mentioned helps in updating the the camera raw 10.3 update.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NO the app status shows that the camera raw cc is upto date.  I tried logging out and relogging in but still the same problem.  Also closed LR and PS and relaunched.  When I export from LR 2015 to the latest PS it keeps giving me a error popup.  This is despite having downloaded the latest CR version.LR.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reason you are getting that message is because Photoshop is up-to-date, But you are running an older version of Lightroom. Lightroom has been upgraded to Lightroom Classic CC, and is now at version 7.3 and you need to be running that in order to avoid that message. You cannot update Lightroom by installing the latest Camera Raw. Lightroom is not affected by the Camera Raw plug-in. The raw technology is part of the Lightroom program, and Lightroom itself must be updated in order to be kept current.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your help Jim...now I know!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines