Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera Raw when saving files use 100% CPU

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2018 Apr 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys,

i hope someone have the solution for this.

Since the first cc version when saving files from camera raw (opened from bridge) the CPU usage goes up to 100%, it took 20minutes to save 1000 raw files, and that's fine, but i can just look at him saving, not even listen to some music because it lag.

i have a i7 4770k, 32gb ram, and so on. I think it is a bad Adobe optimization, but if someone has a solution, i will be absolutely grateful.

Thank you

camera raw.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can lower the process priority for Bridge.exe, so that another program will have higher priority.  You can do this temporarily on a running process, will reset back to normal when you quit the application.

Set CPU Priority Level of Processes in Windows 8.1 / Windows 10

Also you can limit the cpu cores for an application.

https://www.technorms.com/46600/regulate-cpu-usage-in-windows-10

Be careful.

Richard Southworth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Richard,

Thank you for your answer.

Unfortunately lower the process priority in my case doesn't fix the problem, it was the only "solution" i found searching online. Limit the cpu core is always a trick external to adobe software. Maybe it could be nice to see the cpu usage, when converting raw file from camera raw, with a 6/8 or more core cpu.

And also under this thread the cpu usage of many of us, saving from camera raw, with the cpu model.

To have a list that we can send to Adobe, and have their answer, or maybe instead of update the photoshop icons, or add the visual guide for each photoshop function, they will do a real update that fix a problem.

The things i have seen is that there is not this issue with my macbook air (that is nothing compared to to pc) but on apple for example camera raw saves less files at the same time, slowly, so it doesn't use the 100% of the cpu.

Like they have a better optimization on apple computers.

Sorry for the long message!

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have mostly the same problem, except my CPU usage is low. I have an i7 8700k, 32GB RAM, GTX 1080 ti, and Samsung 960 Pro SSDs. It takes about 30 seconds per image when I open a batch of them in Photoshop from ACR, just like you are doing. It used to take about 5 seconds on a slower machine I had last week.

I have not yet found a solution but have been searching everywhere for some kind of fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines