• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera raw has temporarily disabled graphics processor acceleration due to an error.

Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2017 Feb 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having loads of trouble with photoshop on my newly bought (used) MacBook Pro. I'm unable to open any RAW files and when I try, photoshop crashes. Lightroom however seems to be working fine.

Computer specs:

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)

2.5 GHz Intel Core i7

16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB & 2gb AMD Radeon R9 M370X

Running macOS Sierra 10.12.3 (16D32)

Here are the error messages I'm getting on Photoshop CC 2017 with the latest camera raw update:

Camera raw has temporarily disabled graphics processor acceleration due to an error. Updating the driver of your graphics card may resolve this issue.

Choose the use graphics processor option in camera raw preferences dialogue to reenable GPU support.

Also getting this:

"Raw file" can't be opened because it is from an unidentified developer"

When I tried to "open anyway", photoshop crashes. Trying to open again will just crash photoshop.

Another error I received was:

"Photoshop has encountered a problem with the display driver, and has temporarily disabled enhancements which use the graphics hardware... etc."

This is super frustrating and any help would be GREATLY appreciated. I've already gone through the trouble shooting tips I found on adobe's support page and nothing seems to work. Aside from that I've also tried:

Re-installed Photoshop

Booted in Safe Mode

Renamed Sniffer file

I'm beyond dumbfounded that I can't do something as simple as opening a raw file. Please help!

Screen Shot 2017-02-04 at 6.36.24 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 05, 2017 Feb 05, 2017

So it turns out something was probably wrong with the install on my MBPr. I went to Apple and did a clean install and everything seems to be working fine now.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2017 Feb 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot to add some of the crash report:

Process:               Adobe Photoshop CC 2017 [1362]

Path:                  /Applications/Adobe Photoshop CC 2017/Adobe Photoshop CC 2017.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Photoshop CC 2017

Identifier:            com.adobe.Photoshop

Version:               18.0.1 (18.0.1.29)

Code Type:             X86-64 (Native)

Parent Process:        ??? [1]

Responsible:           Adobe Photoshop CC 2017 [1362]

User ID:               501

Date/Time:             2017-02-04 22:38:00.235 -0800

OS Version:            Mac OS X 10.12.3 (16D32)

Report Version:        12

Anonymous UUID:        4C376E5B-9EF5-5004-0283-835B3371F31A

Sleep/Wake UUID:       DC6515F9-DBEA-47D4-967C-3900BB6D4BBC

Time Awake Since Boot: 3100 seconds

Time Since Wake:       1500 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread:        0  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type:        EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)

Exception Codes:       KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000000000018

Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Signal:    Segmentation fault: 11

Termination Reason:    Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0xb

Terminating Process:   exc handler [0]

VM Regions Near 0x18:

-->

__TEXT                 0000000101ef5000-000000010873c000 [104.3M] r-x/rwx SM=COW  /Applications/Adobe Photoshop CC 2017/Adobe Photoshop CC 2017.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Photoshop CC 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 05, 2017 Feb 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac notebooks are known for faulty GPUs. Dating back to 2008. First thing you should do is check the Apple forums for posts about faulty GPUs on the 2015 models and see if there is a recall or replacement program of some type.

Apple supplies all the drivers for all the hardware in a Mac. The disabling of the discrete GPU should not hinder you in processing your RAW files in ACR. In fact it might make it slightly faster with the GPU option disabled (It does on my Windows 7 system) and I bet the GPU is also disabled in LR.

The other error is because there is an option set in the Mac OS X security option to not allow anything to run on your Mac unless it came from the Mac App store or a registered developer. Just turn that option off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried disabling the use of graphics processors in the camera raw preference but still no success. I have searched the apple forums (and google), while there are posts about faulty GPU's most deal with actual display errors. Can't find anything about raw files not opening and crashing photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So it turns out something was probably wrong with the install on my MBPr. I went to Apple and did a clean install and everything seems to be working fine now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines