• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera raw plug in for Photoshop Elements 10 as it doesn't recognise the Canon 750D CR2 images

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2019 Apr 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just started to take raw pictures in my Canon 750D but Photoshop Elements 10 doesn't recognise the CR2 images when I try to import them (only the JPEG version).  The plug in is there it seems when I look at the list in the Edit section.  I have also tried to download the correct version of Raw Converter from the Adobe site which says it has installed but I can't see it anywhere.  Any ideas what I am doing wrong please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Hi HemelBrian,

Photoshop Elements 10 does not support raw images from the Canon EOS 750D as it requires Camera raw version 9.0 or later.

Please convert the raw images to DNG using the DNG converter and then you cabn process them in Photoshop Elements 10.

Refer this article to know how to work with DNG converter: Adobe Digital Negative Converter ​

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi HemelBrian,

Photoshop Elements 10 does not support raw images from the Canon EOS 750D as it requires Camera raw version 9.0 or later.

Please convert the raw images to DNG using the DNG converter and then you cabn process them in Photoshop Elements 10.

Refer this article to know how to work with DNG converter: Adobe Digital Negative Converter ​

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Akash

That seems to work.  Just need to learn how to edit using DNG.  Many thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The DNG file will open in camera raw just like the original raw file. If you know how to use camera raw with original raw files then I don't think there's really anything else to "learn". Just convert the files and then go to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 17, 2019 Apr 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the update. Glad to know it helped.

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines