Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera raw troubleshot on windows 7 pro 64bit

Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2018 May 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone.

I've a big issue on camera raw since some month, and actually is going impossible to work with it.

Everytime that i open an image and i try to work on it, when i move any cursors i see some square (with the same image in it, or trasparent background, etc) that changes it dimension and position if i move again the cursor (see the video below)

I tried to re-install PS and CR, to update the drivers of my graphic card, to disable the GPU acceleration/support, but nothing works.

Someone could help me please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User

Hi

Have you tried disabling Use Graphics Processor in Camera Raw preference

In Photoshop go to Edit > Preferences > Camera Raw and disable this option, restart Photoshop

Untitled11.jpg

Looks like it's GPU related

Troubleshoot Photoshop graphics processor (GPU) and graphics driver issues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Have you tried disabling Use Graphics Processor in Camera Raw preference

In Photoshop go to Edit > Preferences > Camera Raw and disable this option, restart Photoshop

Untitled11.jpg

Looks like it's GPU related

Troubleshoot Photoshop graphics processor (GPU) and graphics driver issues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to disable it in PS but it didn't work.

I just tried to do it in CR and it works fine

But, i'd like to know, which could be the problem? the GPU is a nvidia 980Ti with 6gb of ram.

I tried to follow the istruction to set some options in the GPU control panel but it doesn't work...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Ged. That menu you screencapped above was - for me - found in Bridge > Edit > Camera Raw Preferences. I couldn't find it in PS and in fact left the tickbox for "Use Graphics Processor" checked in Photoshop > Edit > Preferences > Performance. Doing it in CR only seems to have fixed the issue for me (so far).

I also have an NVIDIA GPU ( GeForce GTX 960 )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

You can find Camera Raw preferences in Photoshop, go to Edit > Preferences > Camera Raw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

without GPU acceleration camera raw works veeeeery slow...some more advice to solve my/our problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hilarious! I swear it wasn't there a minute ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines