• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can Camera Raw imported file modified later the same way?

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I import DNG/RAW  image into PS, I get the popup:

3tKKVgP.png

I am interested,  does it matter, if I change these settings while importing DNG, or can i import, save as PNG , and then later, modify the CURVE/COLORS with PS native-settings, instead of CameraRaw popup window? 

Will the results be the same ? 

I ask this because, i couldnt understand if it matters where I modify the image - during the import or in PS.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

The editing in camera raw is a bit different than in Photoshop. Somethings are easier and work better in Camera Raw. Also Camera Raw is non-destructive. You could do as you say, and just open the file and edit in PS, but it works better to make most the corrections in ACR first.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The editing in camera raw is a bit different than in Photoshop. Somethings are easier and work better in Camera Raw. Also Camera Raw is non-destructive. You could do as you say, and just open the file and edit in PS, but it works better to make most the corrections in ACR first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines