Can't convert Canon CR2 RAW files to photoshop CS2- please help!

I have a Canon EOS Rebel XT and am using Photoshop CS2 and can not open my Raw images. Canon saves the images as a CS2 file. I guess needs converting.. Please Help!!
View all replies

Views

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn More

Can't convert Canon CR2 RAW files to photoshop CS2- please help!

I have a Canon EOS Rebel XT and am using Photoshop CS2 and can not open my Raw images. Canon saves the images as a CS2 file. I guess needs converting.. Please Help!!
View all replies

Views

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn More
111 Replies

Re: Can't convert Canon CR2 RAW files to photoshop CS2- please help!

Hi Brenda.

How are you trying to open the CR2 files? Are you using Bridge or are you using File > Open in Photoshop?

Are you getting any sort of error message?

Make sure you have the Camera Raw filter installed in Photoshop. Go to the Help menu, select About Plugins and see if Camera Raw is listed there. If so, click on it to see what version is installed.

Let us know what version you have.

Thanks!
View all replies

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines

I have Raw

plug in ver. 3.7 and I can't open canon raw files for canon 5D pro II .

View all replies

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines

Aside from the fact you are adding your post to a thread over 1.5 years old (better to start your own) this topic has been heavily covered in this forum.

You need to convert the files to DNG using the free DNG Converter available here or update to Photoshop CS5.

View all replies

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines

Thank you!

View all replies

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines

Hi John and Brenda,

I am having the same problem. I can't open a CR2 file either directly in Photoshop or through Bridge.

The message states the request couldn't be complete because PS doesn't recognize this type of file.

I do have a Camera Raw Plug-in 3.0.0.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Barbara
View all replies

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines

First thing I would do is update the plugin to the latest version. Go to the Photoshop Help menu and click on Updates.

Once you have the newest version try it out again. If it still doesn't work give us more information. What camera are the files from?

John
View all replies

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines

That did the trick. Thank you so much.
View all replies

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines

I have camera raw 3.7 and still cannot open cr2 files. I'm getting a message that says "could not complete your request because Photoshop does not recognize this type of file."
View all replies

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines