• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't get my raw files to import.

New Here ,
Oct 09, 2017 Oct 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently bought the new Canon 5D Mark IV, since purchasing this camera I have tried to upload my raw files into lightroom and they will not recognize them.. It only recognizes the JPeg's.. I thought maybe it was because I had an older version of lightoom, so I upgraded to Creative Cloud, and I am still having this issue... Please tell me how to fix this,as I have a deadline approaching.. Thanks so much, Cassie

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 09, 2017 Oct 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're using dual pixel raw files, see the note for your camera at this page:

Cameras supported by Camera Raw

Richard Southworth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 13, 2017 Oct 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so I upgraded to Creative Cloud,

Check which version of Lightroom CC you are running. Upgrading to the Cloud does not mean you're running the latest version unless you've told the Cloud to install the latest version.

In Lightroom, click Help > System Info

You need at least CC 2015.7 to import the Raw files from the 5D Mark IV. The current version is CC 2015.12.

If the notoriously flaky Cloud desktop app update mechanism still insists you're up to date when you're clearly not, then update manually:

Download CC 2015.12 here: Download Photoshop Lightroom

Click the Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 6 link to reveal the update links.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2017 Oct 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, you have been big help… I redownloaded the app and it actually gave me a newer version so thank you… However it is recognizing the Raw Files.. But when I check them import into Lightroom, I’m getting a error message and they still will not import.. Such a headache!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the exact version of Lightroom installed on your computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I now have to versions.. I have lightroom 5.7 and also Lightroom CC.. I downloaded the DNG converter a week or so ago, and played around with it till I was able to convert the RAW images to DNG… And lightroom finally imported them!! YAY.. I’m so glad because I was able to save several photos that the white balance was WAY off.. Thank You soooo much for your help!!! I truly appreciate it!!! Cassie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2019 Sep 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a link to the DNG converter? I think it may help my me as well. I'm actually having the same problem you were.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2019 Sep 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cassie, 

Did you ever get this figured out? Mine is doing the same thing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same thing here. Using the latest version and still cannot import. I can see the files but they are gray and I am not allowed to click on them. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines