• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't install/run DNG Converter 10.0

Explorer ,
Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS CS6 on my Win10 handles my Canon70D CS2 files OK, but not on my Vista laptop.  My 1st plan several months ago was to deactivate CS6 on laptop & reinstall.  Adobe no longer shows my registered/activated products on the web & I'm afraid to try w/o being assured that I'll be able to reinstall.  At that time (on my desktop Win10 computer) I downloaded DNGConverter_10_0.exe,   I did not try to install at that time, since I only use my laptop to store photos when traveling.  Nothing else.  No connecting to internet, since Vista is no longer supported.

Today I tried installing Adobe DNG Converter 10.0  and everything seemed to go OK.  Then I tried to run by clicking on c:\program files (x86)/adobe/adobe dng converter.exe

I get Error: Entry  Point Not Found  The procedure entry point K32GetProcessMemoryInfo could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll

I see today in another post about version 10.2 but I really need to find out what's happening first.  If 10.2 only adds more cameras, etc I don't need it because 10.0 is supposed to work with my Canon 70Ds.

I really will appreciate any/all help.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

The DNG Converter version 10 is not supported on Vista.

Your camera was first supported in version 8.2, which is supported on Vista, and can be downloaded here:

Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Windows : Adobe DNG Converter 8.2

Here's a list of cameras supported by Camera Raw/DNG converter, with version numbers.

Cameras supported by Camera Raw

And here's a list of previous versions of the DNG converter - clicking on a version will take you to a download page, where you can also see

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The DNG Converter version 10 is not supported on Vista.

Your camera was first supported in version 8.2, which is supported on Vista, and can be downloaded here:

Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Windows : Adobe DNG Converter 8.2

Here's a list of cameras supported by Camera Raw/DNG converter, with version numbers.

Cameras supported by Camera Raw

And here's a list of previous versions of the DNG converter - clicking on a version will take you to a download page, where you can also see the system requirements.

Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply.

I couldn't uninstall Version 10.0 via Control Panel, because it wasn't shown in; so I deleted it from Program Files (x86) . . .

I installed version 8.2.0.94 

All seemed well when I executed . . . until I tried to "select images to convert"

Using as input a desktop folder containing several (old) 70D cr2 files . . . I got "No items match your search".

I removed the SD card from my camera & copied several cr2 files into that same folder . . . I still got "No items match your search".

I selected the SD card reader (the card contained 661 cr2 files) . . . I still got "No items match your search".

I couldn't close the popup after clicking "About DNG Converter".

I couldn't close the program/applications "run pane" . . . "X", Exit, etc didn't work.

Clicking the box in the task bar finally closed the "run pane", but I couldn't remove it from the task bar. 

Of course, the Converter couldn't convert "unfound" files.  I tried right-click, X, Exit, everything I could think of & couldn't close.

I shutdown the Vista laptop, which I no longer use online, & returned to my desktop computer to post this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When using the DNG converter, you choose the FOLDER containing the raw images. But do not open that folder when you are making the selection. The DNG converter works at the folder level. I have found, however, that if I only want to convert a single raw file I can drag/drop that file onto the icon for the DNG converter and it will convert that single file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  I was able to convert 1 cr2 file at a time and all cr2 files in a folder.  It was much slower than I expected, but I guess that is mostly a function of my old laptop.  Looks like I'll have to buy a new laptop after all, even tho' it'll be idle at least 90% of the time.

Now I have another question . . . is there a way to see unique individual DNG thumbnails (instead of the same standard DNG icon) in Windows Explorer? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do a web search for a DNG codec. Once you install it you should be able to see the images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines