• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't read CR2 raw files in bridge

Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently on MAC OS 10.10.5 (Yosemite) using CS6 (Bridge 5.0.2.4).  I recently upgraded to a Canon 5D MIV and have been unable to see the raw files in Bridge.  I upgraded Camera Raw to 9.1.1 as some suggested, but I'm still seeing only the CR2 icon.  I realize I can convert the files to DNG to read them, but why should I have to give up my original raw files to read them.  Any solutions I can try?  Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

This camera would require Camera Raw 9.7. But unfortunately, the final version of Camera Raw supported by CS6 is 9.1.1. So, outside of upgrading, you would need to use the free DNG Converter to convert your files to DNG, as you mention. More info on the DNG Converter, including links to download, can be found here:  Adobe Digital Negative Converter 9.x

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This camera would require Camera Raw 9.7. But unfortunately, the final version of Camera Raw supported by CS6 is 9.1.1. So, outside of upgrading, you would need to use the free DNG Converter to convert your files to DNG, as you mention. More info on the DNG Converter, including links to download, can be found here:  Adobe Digital Negative Converter 9.x

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Jeffrey.  That sums it up well.  I have installed the DNG converter for now.  I am in need of an upgrade in any case when I upgrade my hardware in the near future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines