• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot find Adobe Camera Raw (ACR) on my Mac after installation

Explorer ,
Aug 24, 2018 Aug 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I  installed ACR on my Macbook Pro because I have Lightroom 6 (perpetual license) and it will not process my Sony Rx100M6 raw files.  However, after installing it twice, I cannot seem to locate it.  The install was to my hard drive, but it nowhere to be found.  Am I missing something?  Is it imbedded in my lightroom?  Help, please.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 24, 2018 Aug 24, 2018

Camera Raw will not update Lightroom. The Camera Raw technology is part of the Lightroom program. Lightroom 6 is no longer being updated. The only way you will be able to work with the raw images from your new Sony camera will be to download the new release of the DNG converter and convert your raw files to the DNG format. Then you will be able to import those DNG files into Lightroom 6 and work with them the same way you would be able to work with other raw files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi rjsphd

Sorry that you cannot find the Camera raw filter on your computer.

Camera raw is embedded in Lightroom and if supported the camera images you are working with will be automatically shown in Lightroom.

The Rx100M6 has been introduced in the latest version of Lightroom.

See How to use Adobe camera raw in Lightroom .

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Camera Raw will not update Lightroom. The Camera Raw technology is part of the Lightroom program. Lightroom 6 is no longer being updated. The only way you will be able to work with the raw images from your new Sony camera will be to download the new release of the DNG converter and convert your raw files to the DNG format. Then you will be able to import those DNG files into Lightroom 6 and work with them the same way you would be able to work with other raw files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Jim,

I knew what I had to do, I just had the wrong name of the software.  I downloaded ACR not DNG Converter.  Many thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines