• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Canon EOS R cr3 Files Not Supported by DNG Converter - March 29, 2019

New Here ,
Mar 29, 2019 Mar 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently purchased the Canon EOS R Mirrorless Camera, I have tried everything in my power to convert these raw files.

I downloaded the Adobe DNG converter 11.2.1 Beta and still nothing. Please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 29, 2019 Mar 29, 2019

You have the Canon EOS R or Canon EOS RP?

You installed the 11.2.1 beta from here?

Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Macintosh : Adobe DNG Converter 11.2.1 Beta

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A common error when using the adobe dng converter is trying to select the raw files themselves.

You just need to select the folder that the raw files are in.

The Canon EOS R Mirrorless Camera has been supported since camera raw 11.0

Cameras supported by Camera Raw

What version of photoshop and operating system are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did that, still doesn't read them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of photoshop and operating system are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have using a MacBook Pro Mojave 10.14.3

Photoshop CC 20.0.4

LR CC Classic 8.2

Camera Raw 11.2

I think everything is up to date but I cant get those cr3 to convert

Here's a screenshot of ADNC and my raw file info

Screen Shot 2019-03-29 at 12.56.19 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-03-29 at 12.56.06 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-03-29 at 12.58.53 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have the Canon EOS R or Canon EOS RP?

You installed the 11.2.1 beta from here?

Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Macintosh : Adobe DNG Converter 11.2.1 Beta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Canon EOS R and yes I downloaded from the adobe website. For some reason I can't open your link.

These are my settings, I am very new to canon.

20190329_131913.jpg

20190329_131705.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link works. Are you doing this on your computer, or on your phone? Don't know if that makes a difference, but it works on my computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update! I had the 11.2.1 beta version and it didn't work, so I decided to download it from the link you provide above and that worked! Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2019 May 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And now that link only shows acrobat...I was going to try it as well. I have the new SL3, and it too has the cr3 file format. Adobe states it is not a camera supported at this time. When trying to convert I got the same errors as you. Ugh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Always check the supported cameras table before attempting conversions.

Cameras supported by Camera Raw

The EOS 250D (SL3) is not yet supported by Camera Raw or the DNG converter. It's too new.

For now, you'll have to open your images with Canon's DPP software and save them as TIFFs until Adobe updates Camera Raw and the DNG converter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, that is what I found as well. I called Adobe and Canon this morning. Adobe couldn't tell me when they would add it to an update. Hoping it will be soon. Have a 5 day photo shoot starting Saturday.

Thank you for your reply. Happy Shooting!

www.CarlaEPhotography.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to clarify everything, what is the name of the folder, on your desktop, that contains the raw images?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my computer. Pretty sure that's the same link where i got the converter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you click on the "About DNG converter" button at the bottom of the DNG converter dialog, what version does it indicate that you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the 11.0.0.61. I previously downloaded the 11.2.1 beta  and that didn't work either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, the one you are using now definitely WON'T work because it doesn't support the files from your camera. You need the one you had previously. It has to be downloaded from that link. Here is a different link that you might try.

Adobe.com - New downloads

I ask again, what is the name of the folder that you have your raw files in on your desktop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 03, 2019 Apr 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We are happy to announce Camera Raw 11.2.1

The Canon EOS RP raw files should be supported in this update release of Camera raw.

Camera Raw 11.2.1 which, in addition to the new camera support listed below, includes a bug fix affecting the opening raw files stored on a NAS. This change should fix issues with Bridge and Lightroom Classic opening raw files using Edit in Photoshop.  Note: It is necessary to install the Camera Raw update to fix this issue. Installing Lightroom Classic 8.2.1 alone will not affect the issue.

New camera raw file support added in this release:

• Canon EOS RP
  • Panasonic LUMIX DC-FZ1000M2 (DC-FZ10002)
  • Panasonic LUMIX DC-S1
  • Panasonic LUMIX DC-S1R
  • Panasonic LUMIX DC-ZS80 (DC-TZ95, DC-TZ96, DC-TZ97)
  • Sony A6400 (ILCE-6400)

You can install the updates on desktop applications via the Creative Cloud App. [CTRL/CMD]+[ALT/OPT]+[ R ] will refresh your app if the update doesn’t appear. See Update apps to the latest release of Adobe Creative Cloud

Let us know if you continue to face any issues.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines