• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Canon EOS RP Camera Raw support

Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2019 Mar 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just got the Canon EOS RP and Photoshop CC 2019 won't open the file . Get this error message."could not complete your request because it is not the right kind of document". I have updated Adobe Camera Raw to 11.2 and unistalled /reinstalled PS. Still no success. The file format is .CR3 like the EOS R. Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mar 13, 2019 Mar 13, 2019

The team is aware of the camera and working on support for an upcoming release of Camera Raw. In the meantime, if you want to convert your files to DNG, you can grab the DNG Converter 11.2.1 beta that we released this morning which has support for the RP.

Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Macintosh : Adobe DNG Converter 11.2.1 Beta

Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Windows : Adobe DNG Converter 11.2.1 Beta

Info on using the DNG Converter can be found here:

Adobe Digital Negative Converter

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shaben,

My guess is that you are on Windows. There appears to be some kind of buy with Windows accessing these files. The workaround until a fix comes in is either:

1) Convert all images to DNG (Using the DNG Converter Adobe Digital Negative Converter )

2) From Bridge, right-click on an image and select "Open in Camera Raw."

Adobe does know about this, sorry for the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as i know, the Canon EOS RP CR3 files are not yet supported in camera raw.

Cameras supported by Camera Raw

In the meantime you could use the canon software and export the files in the tiff format if you need to open them in photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 03, 2019 Mar 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

If you scroll down a bit you'll see that CR3 images started being supported in ACR 11, LR-CC 2.0 and LR Classic 8.0

People should be good to go but it is not working properly on Windows machines from Bridge. HTH

canon3.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like the op has the EOS Canon RP which is a just released camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

You are absolutely correct, I read right past that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assumed that since the. CR3 format was supported for the EOS R that the RP would be also. Guess I have to wait for Adobe to update Camera Raw.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ty Jeff the whole point is they are not supported. I don't know if you have

trident the conversion you mentioned but please try it and let me know how

you think it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the conversion to DNG with 11.2.1 worked for us here. What exactly didn't work for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works great I could not believe how fast it was. I thought your second

email referred to Canons software converter and it is painfully slow. I

have never seen a conversion as fast as the .dng conversion. Well done. And

I would like to think you for your help and support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2019 Mar 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Appreciate the efforts, looking forward to see the ACR and LR updates!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having issues too with EOS RP image files and I'm on a Mac, latests versions of everything in OS and Adobe. I have done some reading and it looks like Camera RAW only supports CR3 files from the M50 and the EOS R not the RP. Would love to use the camera on a regular basis so if anyone knows when the update for Camera RAW is coming that would be awesome as nothing will read the files.

Tested Software: Photoshop, Adobe Camera RAW, Lightroom, PhotoMechanic, even Mac OS preview.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it looks like Camera RAW only supports CR3 files from the M50 and the EOS R not the RP.

Correct. Every camera model has its own Raw file format, regardless of the Raw file's extension (CR2, CR3 etc).

if anyone knows when the update for Camera RAW is coming

Only Adobe knows the exact date but past release history suggests a new version of Camera Raw could be sometime in March.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 04, 2019 Mar 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My understanding is that camera manufacturers make new raw file specs available before the camera release date.  In the case of the EOS 5Ds, Adobe released Camera Raw 9.0 (with support for the 5Ds) in April 2015, while the camera wasn't available until June 2015.  I got mine 5Ds on the release data and was able to immediately process photos in LR and Camera Raw.  I wonder why this hasn't happened with the RP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 04, 2019 Mar 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In some cases, Adobe Camera Raw support might be available early but that hasn't been the case on the whole. In fact, it's rare.

It depends on where Adobe is at in the Camera Raw update cycle since they normally include support for multiple new cameras in each Camera Raw update. Sometimes you can wait several weeks for new camera support if a Camera Raw update was recently released and your new camera missed the cut.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2019 Mar 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe CR team,

My Canon RP will arrive at my home on March 13th, would you be kind enough to release 11.1, or 11.2 to add support for the RP CR3 files it produces by then?

Kind Regards

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2019 Mar 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe,

Please add support for this asap....been using Lightroom for 10 years and Canon's photo processing software is sluggish and slow compared to LR. Received my EOS RP for 2 weeks and I would not like to use it before LR supports...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2019 Mar 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have had my camera (EOS RP) since Feb 28th, took it out to a shoot thinking that the files were the same as the EOS R and now I have a client waiting until Camera RAW is updated so we can deliver their photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2019 Mar 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I, too, am waiting for this. My workflow is suffering from such a convoluted workaround. My clinets cannot wait.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 12, 2019 Mar 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see Photoshop CC 20.0.4 was released yesterday.  Unfortunately no update to LR or ACR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2019 Mar 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully this signals an update to Camera RAW soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also am waiting for the release of camera raw file support for the eos rp. Ordered my camera the day it came out. Didnt even think to check to see if adobe was supporting the raw files. I have been using Adobe since 1994 and have shot raw file format since it began I am not sure when that happened. I just cant live with buying very expensive equipment and shooting in some file format that is not the best that can be produced by all my equipment. I like having the option of down grading or down sizing at my own discretion. If I use raw I can always change formats but it is impossible to change any other format to raw.

The thing that bothers me more than anything else about this situatiojn with eos rp cr3 is I am paying for photoshop and other programs and can not use them. I have been very happy using adobe especially when I spent so many hours in the darkroom with chemicals for many years. It now comes down to  not being able to use it and the fact that adobe thinks it is okay to not at least give me an idea when I might be able to use it. Top this with the fact that yesterday I got the how likely are you to recommend adobe. I dont have to tell you how I answered. Not many days go by that some looking at my work doesn't want to know what software I like. Usually I have no trouble giving adobe a very good recommendation. The treatment of customers not the product has changed my attitude to my recommendation.

Quality is customer sanctification and this sanctification goes beyond how well the products work as a matter of fact it goes to what makes me the customer happy. I can live with a delay if I feel like I am being let in on information on when if not why the problem is going to be solved. I feel like adobe is now saying its none of my business and when they get it worked out will just have to be good enough.Its not okay. I accept this may take some time and it may not be adobes fault but not to inform your customers to the amount of time delay is not right. Now I wonder when the next issue may occur and  what might I be in the middle of when it happens. I know if there are any future issues adobe sees no need to inform me even when I continue to pay for service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The team is aware of the camera and working on support for an upcoming release of Camera Raw. In the meantime, if you want to convert your files to DNG, you can grab the DNG Converter 11.2.1 beta that we released this morning which has support for the RP.

Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Macintosh : Adobe DNG Converter 11.2.1 Beta

Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Windows : Adobe DNG Converter 11.2.1 Beta

Info on using the DNG Converter can be found here:

Adobe Digital Negative Converter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thnx I will

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines