• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Canon lens 10-18 [No lens correction profile available]

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to correct for lens distortion in photos taken with a Canon lens 10-18.

It is not in the list of lenses in the menu.

I am currently using the free-trial Lightroom on my MacBook. Is it possible to include other lens profiles to the software?

I tried correcting with the 10-22 profile, but it is not giving the desired result. Best is the correction when the slider is at zero. I would expect the optimal result in 100% correction?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

The small set of Canon lens profiles in your screenshot means you're viewing a JPG.  Most lens profiles only work for RAW (.CRW or .CR2 for Canon) format files.  Select a .CR2 (instead of a JPG, PSD or TIF) and you should see many Canon profiles, more like this partial list that includes the profile you're looking for:

2018-11-01_013642.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Bosman,

Hmm, maybe not. These profiles are made all the time but since there are thousands of lenses out there, those that are not as popular may be late in the game. I have the 10-22 lens (love it) and there (as you noted) a profile for that.

I just looked here (Supported lenses  ) and I did find the 

Canon EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STMCanon5.6/8.6

which shows that it needs LR 5.6 or ACR v. 8.6, Or, something that was released a long time ago.

So, I'm not fully sure why your lens isn't coming up, it should.

I know for myself, sometimes when I go into Lens Corrections and select Enable Profile Corrections, it doesn't snap into my lens. However, if I select Canon from the "Make" dropdown, it fill in appropriately from there. I'm assuming you've done that?

canon view.png

And just out of curiosity, when you look at your metadata (from the Library tab, bottom right), what does it show for Lens information? Here's what mine is showing.

canon view2.png

I'm going to guess that if your metadata is not showing the lens, there may be a different issue going on here. But we'll see.

Good luck on this. I have the 10-22 and love it. Let me know what you find.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply, good to see it should work.

My photo contains the lens info.

Below the selection I get when pressing the make Canon

Image.png

I mentioned in my question that I have a trial version, this is the about screen.

You mentioned other versions, this is what I got when choosing lightroom as trial version.

Image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The small set of Canon lens profiles in your screenshot means you're viewing a JPG.  Most lens profiles only work for RAW (.CRW or .CR2 for Canon) format files.  Select a .CR2 (instead of a JPG, PSD or TIF) and you should see many Canon profiles, more like this partial list that includes the profile you're looking for:

2018-11-01_013642.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Gary-SC shows, if you are using a recent LR version > 5.6 and I would add, shooting raw images, then the correction should be there and automatically detected, assuming your lens is the Canon EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM.

If you are not sure what you’re doing please upload a raw image taken with your camera and that lens to somewhere like dropbox or googledrive or onedrive (or some other large-file-hosting site) and post a public share link to that raw imgae, here, and others can try it and tell you it is working for them or what it is different and won’t work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines