• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cant get Adobe Camera Raw 9.1.1 to Install in CS6

Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2017 May 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I downloaded ACR 9.1.1.  I ran the installer. It conformed that it was successfully installed.

I checked to see that there was a file called Camera Raw.8bi   in C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\Cs6\File Formats.

For good measure I copied it to the Program Files tree as well giving the same structure.

I open Cs6

I look in Help\ About Plug-in\    ..... and it's not listed.

I try opening a Cr2 file anyway and it wont as it says it's the wrong type of file (obviously)

I have now got an error message saying that the location (as above)  is unavailable. I look back at the location in explorer and the sub-tree  Plug-Ins  has disappeared.

I've reinstalled a few times. Getting nowhere fast. Each time the Plug Ins directory disappears from my C: drive

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 18, 2017 May 18, 2017

What version of windows are you using?

Did you try Help>Updates from within photoshop cs6?

If your using a 64 bit version of windows you should have two versions of photoshop cs6, one 32 bit in Program Files (x86) and 64 bit in Program Files.

Might be your anti virus software deleting the file.

Oh and no need to put the camera raw.8bi in the cs6 program files folder, since having the plugin in two places just confuses cs6

The correct locations of

32 bit cs6

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Plu

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 18, 2017 May 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of windows are you using?

Did you try Help>Updates from within photoshop cs6?

If your using a 64 bit version of windows you should have two versions of photoshop cs6, one 32 bit in Program Files (x86) and 64 bit in Program Files.

Might be your anti virus software deleting the file.

Oh and no need to put the camera raw.8bi in the cs6 program files folder, since having the plugin in two places just confuses cs6

The correct locations of

32 bit cs6

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\Cs6\File Formats

and

64 bit cs6

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\Cs6\File Formats

is sufficient.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2017 May 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your prompt reply. I turned off my AV but sadly it didn't fix the problem. But it was definately on the right track so I kept an eye on the C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\Cs6\File Formats path and reistalled ACR9.1.1 and conformed the Camera Raw.8bi files were two different versions in two directories. I then opened and cloded CS6 and it appeared to delete part of the directory below C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\  each time. 

By chance I looked in Edit\Preferences\Plug-Ins   and founnd a check box for Addtional Plug-Ins Folder.  I ticked it and created a folder called :\Camera Raw and copied the relevant Camera Raw.8bi file to it, then tried again.

Luckily this worked and so I opened and closed Cs6 a few times and rebooted the PC and turned my Anti Virus back on and so far it has behaved itself.

Thanks again for your help it got me to the right place to apply this work around. Hopefully no more problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2020 Jun 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me (2020/06/06)! I downloaded Camera Raw 12.2.1 from the Adobe website for free, to go editing between Lightroom (cracked) & Photoshoped (cracked). I followed the above instructions to creat a folder named 'Camera Raw' within 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\CC\File Formats\' then placing Camera Raw.8bi in the file. Placing this inside the folder makes the entire difference & when I ran it again, it worked without an Error pop-up. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2020 Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello! I can't get and I couldn't see the adobe camera raw.8bi file on Adobe photoshop cc 2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines