• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Chromatic fringes in PSE14, but not MS Photo Viwer

Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2016 Dec 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know why when loaded straight into Photoshop Elements 14 I get chromatic fringes, but when viewed with Microsoft Windows Photo Viewer the same NEF file no fringes?
Here's a screen shot of the same NEF zoomed in to hopefully show what I mean, with PSE14 to the right. I'm using a Nikon 7200, latest ACR and PSE updated, thanks in advance 🙂15419762_10154899239688086_4855377837792726599_o.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Dec 13, 2016 Dec 13, 2016

When you load into Windows Photo Viewer the image is derived from the embedded jpeg within the raw file, not the actual raw.  The camera applies chromatic aberration correction for the conversion to jpeg.  You should be able to turn on chromatic aberration correction within PE 14, or at least invoke it manually.

Richard Southworth

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you load into Windows Photo Viewer the image is derived from the embedded jpeg within the raw file, not the actual raw.  The camera applies chromatic aberration correction for the conversion to jpeg.  You should be able to turn on chromatic aberration correction within PE 14, or at least invoke it manually.

Richard Southworth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Richard Southworth wrote:

... You should be able to turn on chromatic aberration correction within PE 14, or at least invoke it manually.

Richard Southworth

Unfortunately, The limited ACR version of Elements does not include chromatic aberration correction. Worse, the 'correct camera distortion' of the editor does not help for purple fringing or CA.

Generally, the editor can afford the missing ACR tools... except that one.

Original post on the Elements forum:

Photoshop Elements I get chromatic fringes, but when viewed Windows Photo Viewer no fringes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to PTLens Home Page and free trial/buy PTLens.  I used it several years ago, it works very well, and I believe will work in PSE.

Richard Southworth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Richard Southworth wrote:

Go to PTLens Home Page and free trial/buy PTLens. I used it several years ago, it works very well, and I believe will work in PSE.

Richard Southworth

Excellent advice. I did use Ptlens years ago.

I don't need it now, but I was curious to see if it could be installed on pse14 or 15 which require 64-bits plugins: the documentation says it does support 64-bits, so all is well. Anyway, the standalone version would work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines