• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Corruption of photos when imported into Camera Raw

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2017 Jul 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having an issue with trying to open my raw photos in Photoshop and Camera Raw. The photos look fine in the thumbnail, but when I go to open them in Camera Raw, there is a neon band of color across sections of the photo and the file is corrupted. Anyone else have this problem?Screen Shot 2017-07-15 at 5.53.06 PM.pngScreen shot of file from folder - no corruption1J0A4500 2.jpgFile after opening in Camera Raw

This has happened on multiple photos, but not all the photos from the same Compact Flash cards.

Anyone have any idea what is going on?

Much thanks,

Donna

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Camera Raw forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This kind of problem usually indicates some kind of a hardware problem. It could be a problem with the card, the card reader or cable, the video card, the hard drive, but somewhere in the hardware chain something isn't right. I know it's easy to argue that the thumbnail looks right, or that the image looks right in the camera. But the camera shows the JPEG preview, not the raw image data. Can you try looking at the images on another computer and see if you get the same results?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2017 Jul 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks! I will give that a try...fortunately, my camera shoots to two cards - a SD and a CF, so I have the images in jpg format. I will take a look on my laptop and see if it is the same issue with the raw files.

I appreciate the feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines